1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
................... the only person missing from this shooting is " Curly "

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
I think this case will come down to he-said she-said with a few partial witnesses... Doesn't seem like there is any hard evidence. From what it seems, the only two that saw the whole thing are Zimmerman himself and the dead kid. The only other account that will really make a difference is the kid's girlfriend, but again, it's he-said she-said unless that conversation was somehow recorded.

Hopefully he's telling the truth... Because I think he'll walk either way.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
It will come down to the wounds he sustained being conducive to his story, which they are.  I just want to make sure I'm home when they deliver the verdict.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I love how they fired they fired the police chief already, without waiting for the outcome of this case.  $100 says that will be a lawsuit if Zimmerman is found not guilty.  

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
While Zimmerman is the only person that knows the whole story a jury will be able to substantate significant parts of his story via witness accounts. At a minimum you have the telephone operator, the individuals that heard the screams, the person that saw the altercation, the individual that arrived just after the shooting and the first responders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2edgesword said:
While Zimmerman is the only person that knows the whole story a jury will be able to substantate significant parts of his story via witness accounts. At a minimum you have the telephone operator, the individuals that heard the screams, the person that saw the altercation, the individual that arrived just after the shooting and the first responders.
Thanks for your information. I have got some my ideals.

If you want to do more info, you also visit at: Police chief interview questions

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hope Zimmerman isnt lying and that there is some accountability and responsibility for what happened that night on both sides.
Zimmerman wasnt a trained police officer. While I think it's perfectly reasonable to carry a gun for self defense, I dont believe that you should be doing police work with one withouth proper training and non lethal weapons.
I am sure some people will disagree with me here, but I think that community watch should be done either unarmed and you stay in the car and call 9-11, or armed, but you get training and also carry less lethal weapons.
If what Zimmerman says turns out to be true, then I hope that everyone who was wronged along the way due to the racial hurricane that followed sues and wins BIGTIME! I am sick of seeing injustices being done on account of racism where racism isn't a factor.
In the long run, I especially hope that the media is held accountable for the damage done to Zimmermans reputation and his family. Until the Trayvon Martin incident, he was just a man living in a community, trying to volunteer his time off to help make it safer. Now the media has labeled him a racist that stalked then killed a kid based on skin color alone. They had the facts to report the story correctly but refused to report with integrity. They omitted facts to change the story to make it more sensational - costing, not only Zimmermans reputation, but his family's safety as well. They even went as far as to doctor the 9-11 tapes - which I think is criminal.
The worst part of this tragedy, Is that young black kids are killing young black kids every single day. Lots of times it's close by to where we live. But you'll never read about it in the newspaper. Even when its a good kid that gets killed a by gang members, its like no one cares. The media only reports it when it can be racism, and then they work that angle to sell papers.
What happened to honest reporting? I think it doesn't exist anymore. I'm not sure it ever did.
One day I hope that America can get over this racist garbage and realize that people are all the same on the inside. Maybe this case can help to prove that the hype is all garbage and that racism is at least less of a factor than your newspaper tries to tell you.

·
Registered
729 Posts
there is a HUGE piece of evidence thats missing from all of this...

Was there any physical bruises cuts and marks on trayvons body other than a gun shot wound??! Obviously if zimmerman "Started the fight" then travon would have some indication on his body of physical force! Why is no one looking into this?!

The media is really ruining this whole case and its quite sad. I believe to an extent hes telling the truth. He may be stretching it to a degree for his own safty, but in the end, he may have STARTED a verbal fight and even confrontation, but it being escalated to a physical fight where someone is being attacked is different. If Travons body didnt show signs of a struggle or fight, that give a huge amount of evidence towards zimmeran bing not-guilty. In a fight for ones life, and feeling your life threatened, and pulling a fire arm to shoot, i think it would have been right in zimmermans case.

Even if travon didnt start the fight, once he became in a dominat state and bashing the guys head in, its no longer just battery, now its attempted murder. If travons face and body have no signs of a struggle that gives a lot of credibility to zimmermans accounts.

I believe zimmerman acted in self defense. could it have been avoided, yes. but thats not whats at stake here, whats at stake is if it was self defense to draw and fire, and i believe so. They need to look over travons body and show the bruising if any to show if he was truly being attacked, or it was the other way around.

People start fights all the time, maybe not indenting to kill someone but getting in a verbal scuffle happens from time to time. I believe that zimmerman was getting the shit kicked out of him and when he had the chance to end that, he did. Having an inch gash on the back of your head is not easy to get, and although it looks small, thats a tough spot to split open without a lot of force, and he had two of them, plus his nose looked like he got hit with an iron. If travon doesn't have any of that kind of damage on his face, it shows that zimmeran was fighting for his life while getting beat up. meanwhile not being able to defend himself with his hands he needed to stop the action with his gun.

my 2 bits.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The real evidence has to be protected and kept secret in order for due process. Zimmerman and The Martins deserve a fair process of law and justice. By the time that's over there will be another case thats hot in the news, but I hope that the truth comes out on this one for everyone to see.

If anything. This case can be a great example of why you cant just read the newspaper and believe whats written. This case should be a perfect example of how the media lies.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The fact that Zimmerman was on the phone with 911 and was told to turn around and stop following is where the line is drawn for me. I don't feel that it can be a simple self defense case after he disregarded the 911 operators instructions and continued to pursue. He's not a police officer and should not have tried to act like one.

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
Skope said:
The fact that Zimmerman was on the phone with 911 and was told to turn around and stop following is where the line is drawn for me. I don't feel that it can be a simple self defense case after he disregarded the 911 operators instructions and continued to pursue. He's not a police officer and should not have tried to act like one.
Did you listen to the recording??? He was told they didn't need him to follow the kid and he said ok... There's no evidence there showing he followed the kid.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Skope said:
If you listen, or read the transcript of the call, Zimmerman verbally complied with the 911 operator ......... even though , as pointed out, he was under no compunction to do so.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Skope said:
Following someone and persuit have 2 totally different connotations. I believe Zimmerman was merely following, as he was coresponding with the PD at the time.

Zimmerman DID heed the advice of the 911 operator. He ceased his following, and was returning to his car to meet up with police. By most accounts, Martin doubled back and the altercation occurred near Zimmerman's vehicle.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
...................... if Zimm walks do you think he will be on dancing with the stars ?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
To all those who commented on my post, thank you for the clarification. I did not listen to the tape or read the transcript of the call. Clearly I was misinformed as to what took place.

Wreckhog, in regards to the 911 operator not having the authority to tell you what to do, that is true. But if I'm calling them asking for assistance I'm going to take their advice unless the situation changes and I'm unable to or it's unsafe to. That's another topic entirely though.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
Nordon said:
It will come down to the wounds he sustained being conducive to his story, which they are. I just want to make sure I'm home when they deliver the verdict.
You got a point there.

With Rodney King we had riots, but nowadays in FLA they also have zombie biters in the mix. What could possibly go wrong? :p

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
warmnfuzzyar said:
...................... if Zimm walks do you think he will be on dancing with the stars ?
Only if it's in Missoula MT. If he walks, he'd be smart to disappear. Right or wrong, the hounding he will get is going to be unbearable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts