Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think the only thing that will SAVE our Constitution is a Civil War...
I really hope it never comes to that.

We'll lose our Country in a Civil War. This one isn't going to be like the last one. This one will have UN and foreign troops roaming throughout our Country putting down any civil war. We came within a hair, of Britain and France intervening in the last Civil War, if not for the Russian Empire demanding they stay out of it or consider themselves at War with Russia (that's another story but very true). They wanted this country broken up to retard its growth, because it was becoming a real economic and with that, potential military competitor, to them. You think that other nations, even allies, wouldn't like to see that today?

We would be over as far as any destination for talent and skilled immigration.... the very thing that made this country a world power. Our GDP and economy would collapse and our Dollar would no longer be the preferred Reserve Currency. THAT would be catastrophic to our standard of living and wealth in this World. In short, we wouldn't be shit as a nation anymore.

I have a feeling that out of the "37%" that claim a civil war is coming, .37% would actually participate and the remainder will hold the coats of that .37%.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't agree that our Constitution has little to know meaning to our "masters".

If someone gets totally fed up with the situation in NY you move to FL, TN, TX or some other state. For 99% of folks moving is preferable to getting shot at. Thankful in the United States there are options.

Beyond that what issue is so important that the federal government would attempt to send troops into a state to enforce it?
Well Paul if there was in fact a civil war, the Feds would use our military to quell it.
Yes, I agree that there is the third option of the country breaking up into smaller countries.
Oh God I hope that doesn't happen. Our power and wealth comes from our size. Britain is an example of that. Their Empire gave them power and dominance that a nation of its size would never have achieved. The Empire is gone, and they have reduced in power and dominance. Without our huge economy and landmass, our Dollar would no longer be the preferred reserve currency. Several small countries in the former USA would end that financial dominance. Imagine a day when the US Govt tries to sell Treasury Bonds to finance our deficits and the "World" will only buy them if denominated in local currencies and not Dollars. Right now if as a last resort, we could run a printing press to pay off our debt. If there is no market for Dollars, we would have to resort to austerity because we couldn't finance our deficits and man, you'll need CCW in a society like that.

I know this has nothing to do with NY Gun Laws, but when I read that people think we are heading to a Civil War, damn it really scares me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts