Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Yetti Mugs - Yeah I know.....really? A mug review...

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Sheeple 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes, I'm a little board but also thoroughly impressed with one of my fathers day gift from wifey and daughter. I told them the best gift would be for the wife to spend no money, but as usual, my wishes fall on deaf ears.

In any event, got a Yetti 32oz stainless mug....I figured I'd give it a go despite knowing how stupid expensive they are (At least I think they are pricey...for a mug. Think that size is about $40 beans which seems a bit silly).

First use, didn't chill the cup, just poured some refrigerated iced tea and a handful of ice cubes at around 11am. Finished that and filled it with cold water...took a few sips and forgot about it. Next day, 26 hours later and around 1-2PM, wife found it (of course I got yelled at) and said there was still a chunk of ice in it. I was pretty impressed.

Next use was outside, leaving cup in the sun while working outside on a hot day - mid 80's. loaded with ice and water, worked all day and at the end of the day, still had ice in it. Quite surprising since the lid doesn't seal closed, there's always an open piece. Normally I like hitting the cup every so often to drink the melted ice water, but with this cup, you don't get any even after several hours.

Yesterday, had a wedding to go to Red Hook. Had a partially cool DD iced tea with next to no ice (Medium fit great in the Yetti) that I transferred to the Yetti mug. Added about 3-4 cubes from the freezer before I left at 3PM. I have a black truck and it was parked in the sun for the remainder of the day/night. Got back in the truck after the wedding at around 930PM and there was still ice and the drink was still cold.

Yes - is this the most boring product for a write up - absolutely. But if anyone likes sipping cold and/or hot beverages over a stretch of time, the cup is well worth it.

Prior to testing it out, would I have spent $40 on a mug? - hell no, but after seeing that it actually works and I have never had any "thermos" come anywhere close to it, now I would go for it. I like my coffee hot and can't drink it once it falls below very warm. Just getting into iced coffee and adjusting to the taste....or trying to get to like it...I don't gulp it down so keeping it cold for a long time is clutch.

And that's it for the boring review of a boring product that some may find beneficial....if you are one of the few, glad to see your life is as pathetic as mine and you get excited over stupid crap that works well!

Forgot to add that it's a sweat free design, fits in your car cup holders (even the big boy), and available at Campsite, DSG, and I would assume some other fine sportsman gear shops.

Amazon is same price as well.

Almost forgot what could be negatives for some.

The lid is not spill proof since it has a constant opening. Be careful and you're fine!

See less See more
#4 ·

Pics or you are making it up!

Can it double as a brass tumbler?

#5 ·
Not surprised as Yeti coolers are just as good, however I was unaware of the mug, and was looking for something just like it.
After your right up I will be getting one. Thanks.

#6 ·
I'll actually arrange a group buy if enough people are interested, but since the pricing is the same in every shop I've seen them in, not sure if they can even do it. Campsite, Dicks, etc....all the same price.

I would imagine we would need a decent amount for a group but the only reason why I would organize another group buy would be that this is far simpler than a safe group buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.