Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that the MORON driving the yellow wrangler, with the snorkel & red jack on the rear bumper is not one of us...

....And if any of you know this idiot let him know that driving like a complete ass, TRYING to get people hurt is going to get HIM hurt...

This moron was heading west on sunrise yesterday around 6pm, when I came up behind he was blocking the left lane, nothing in front of him, just pacing with the car next to him so no one could get by - there was a sedan that was behind him, wanting/waiting to get past.

...so of course the thickhead slams on the brakes.

I had a car destroyed like this - idiot in front of me stopped, I got rear-ended hard & hospitalized.....

If it was me behind him, I would have just slammed into him... As it was I was just going to go around the sedan on the shoulder and hit him.... good thing he got moving again, the load I had was not going to stop.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
NYS should really enforce the law that people drive on the right lane unless passing.  Some people think they are driving fast in the left lane and sit there leading to a lot of the traffic we have.  Lucky for me I have a small car and can maneuver past the slow people driving in a daydream.  Drivers should also understand that if you flash them with your lights it either means they are driving without lights, there is a speed trap up ahead, or they're driving too slow in the wrong lane.  In most states they will ticket you for driving long periods of time in the left lane if there is space to drive your speed in the right.  The worst is driving on highways in Queens and Brooklyn, you get city drivers that are used to 30 mph limits and have no idea how to keep traffic moving on a highway.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
People who drive like that should not have licenses!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Vintovka1891 said:
NYS should really enforce the law that people drive on the right lane unless passing. Some people think they are driving fast in the left lane and sit there leading to a lot of the traffic we have. Lucky for me I have a small car and can maneuver past the slow people driving in a daydream. Drivers should also understand that if you flash them with your lights it either means they are driving without lights, there is a speed trap up ahead, or they're driving too slow in the wrong lane. In most states they will ticket you for driving long periods of time in the left lane if there is space to drive your speed in the right. The worst is driving on highways in Queens and Brooklyn, you get city drivers that are used to 30 mph limits and have no idea how to keep traffic moving on a highway.
I go to Italy at least once a year on business and we rent a car and drive on their Autostrada or super highway. It's amazing how you never hear a horn because ther is no need. People just know the rules of the road. Also, if you are in the left lane and see high beams in your review, it means "Hey, move over. I'm doing about 140-160 mph and your slowing me down."

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vintovka1891 said:
NYS should really enforce the law that people drive on the right lane unless passing. Some people think they are driving fast in the left lane and sit there leading to a lot of the traffic we have. Lucky for me I have a small car and can maneuver past the slow people driving in a daydream. Drivers should also understand that if you flash them with your lights it either means they are driving without lights, there is a speed trap up ahead, or they're driving too slow in the wrong lane. In most states they will ticket you for driving long periods of time in the left lane if there is space to drive your speed in the right. The worst is driving on highways in Queens and Brooklyn, you get city drivers that are used to 30 mph limits and have no idea how to keep traffic moving on a highway.
He didn't think he was going fast, he KNEW he was in the way....

...and NYC/Queens... I big part of the problem is the people from south american countries - They all BUY their licenses (everything has a scam there...) and never take the tests! then they come here and drive unlicensed, or go to DMV and get a license 'transfer' with just a written test.

This guy had me pissed... I was prepared to ram him if he tried that twithead maneuver again... been a long time since I PITted someone...

·
Registered
568 Posts
I keep saying this, but LI has to have some of the worst drivers I've ever seen.  Some of the stupid things these people pull really blow my mind.

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
I shake my head almost every day...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Patience..patience..patience...a few miles per hour faster is not going to get you to your destination that much quicker. Yes..he was being a dick by slamming on his brakes but how many times has everyone had tailgaters on their bumper for no other reason than they lack.....patience, patience and patience...

·
Registered
109 Posts
HAHAHA...if you think that is bad, ya should see what ppl do when they are ifo an responding emergency vehicle. I'm a volly where I live and I work in the city. The things ppl do just so they don't have to move out of the way, its ridiculous. I get cut off, raced, flipped off, ignored, yelled at, cursed at, honked at, and I even had someone threaten me to move the ambulance from blocking the road at a MVA so he can get by. Most ppl don't even know what to do when they are driving and emergency vehicle comes up behind them. A good portion try to pull off to the right but don't stop, they keep driving at speed. Some just stop right ifo me and slam the brakes. I could go on and on about ppls driving and what I see but I guess I would just be beating a dead horse.

I will say this tho, most seniors are the worst at driving and I think that everyone should be road tested about every 5 years to keep ur license. Its messed up that to drive, ya get tested once in ur lifetime but for me to keep my EMT card I have to be tested every 3 yrs.

·
just working to improve,one round at a time
1,680 Posts
Parashooter said:
He didn't think he was going fast, he KNEW he was in the way....

...and NYC/Queens... I big part of the problem is the people from south american countries - They all BUY their licenses (everything has a scam there...) and never take the tests! then they come here and drive unlicensed, or go to DMV and get a license 'transfer' with just a written test.

This guy had me pissed... I was prepared to ram him if he tried that twithead maneuver again... been a long time since I PITted someone...
One thing I can say......I work in the city. I have a bit over 111K on my car in 2.5 years(90Pct. in the city). I have been (no pun intended)rear ended 4 times.
You just have to hang back and take a deep breath.....think zen like and know its better to let the sob do the @ss [email protected] move and get home without tradeing paint.

That said, I wish I was driveing an F350 with push bumpers and steel I beams welded around the body. lol Id pitt the sob and park him in the river. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
i drive all day, and there are too many people who just have no clue what theyre doing.. one of my favorites is people who slow down while merging onto a highway.. and the ones who go all the way to the end of the short merge lane when getting on the parkways here and then stop so they now have no merge room and mess everything up for everyone..

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have 2 theories about those people clogging up the left-most lanes (I've had lots of time to develop my theories, while sitting in traffic & trying to keep my blood pressure from spiking).

Theory 1 - a lot of these people are too petrified to even be on the parkways in the first place. They're driving in the left because they're trying to escape all the action that's going on further to the right (all that merging & exiting - yikes!)

Theory 2 - these people learned to drive as adults (either moving here from other countries or moving out from the city), and for many of them, it's just too late for them to learn (properly). Leading to theory #1.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Gpsma said:
Patience..patience..patience...a few miles per hour faster is not going to get you to your destination that much quicker. Yes..he was being a dick by slamming on his brakes but how many times has everyone had tailgaters on their bumper for no other reason than they lack.....patience, patience and patience...
I understand what you're saying, and you're right. There is no need to drive aggressively or dangerously just to get in front of one car and go a few mph faster. I take issue with the people driving slow in the fast lane, or across all lanes of traffic for that matter (either speed up and go in front or slow down and go behind, but don't drive the same speed as the car next to you in a different lane), who are trying to control the road. I've seen people do it before. They speed up or slow down to not let you in so that they are always the one in front of you even if you're going to end up driving much faster than them.

NY is definitely not the worst drivers I've seen. In PA they don't know to go around you if you put on your blinker to parallel park. Florida is real bad too; I think the heat makes ppl ornery.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
jkf said:
I have 2 theories about those people clogging up the left-most lanes (I've had lots of time to develop my theories, while sitting in traffic & trying to keep my blood pressure from spiking).

Theory 1 - a lot of these people are too petrified to even be on the parkways in the first place. They're driving in the left because they're trying to escape all the action that's going on further to the right (all that merging & exiting - yikes!)

Theory 2 - these people learned to drive as adults (either moving here from other countries or moving out from the city), and for many of them, it's just too late for them to learn (properly). Leading to theory #1.
I think theory 1 definitely holds water. Some people actually think that 65 is fast and warrants being in the left-most lane. If you're scared of the right lane and don't need to get off soon then stay in the middle lane (talking about LIE and highways greater than 2 lanes).

It's funny how frustrated this thread makes me. I can't stand people who drive without thinking.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Vintovka1891 said:
I think theory 1 definitely holds water. Some people actually think that 65 is fast and warrants being in the left-most lane. If you're scared of the right lane and don't need to get off soon then stay in the middle lane (talking about LIE and highways greater than 2 lanes).

It's funny how frustrated this thread makes me. I can't stand people who drive without thinking.
You must be an EXTREMELY frustrated man living in NY. The whole state doesn't think... Especially our elected officials.

·
Registered
723 Posts
This is why we need rocket launchers installed on our vehicles............................:whistle

·
Registered
423 Posts
opey said:
one of my favorites is people who slow down while merging onto a highway.. and the ones who go all the way to the end of the short merge lane when getting on the parkways here and then stop
Haha, this x1000!

I've been driving up and down Nicolls road every day for about 7 years now and I see this on EVERY trip. The complete opposite is true as well, people just merging into the lane without seeing the big friggin YIELD sign right in front of them. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Yeah, it's summertime alright. :-/

I live at the end of the LIE, all the idiots have to pass through my neighborhood to get to the more popular idiot attractions... it gets downright scary. Add that to a large population of illegals who do not understand US traffic laws, pissed off locals, and lousy roads... It's not running errands anymore, it's an adventure!

·
III%
1,883 Posts
Maverick said:
This is why we need rocket launchers installed on our vehicles............................:whistle
they have one as a flip down headlight for my motorcycle? ;D

maybe even push button release to drop some ball bearings behind me for the tailgaters who are driving too close?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.