Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Yaphank Shuffle 104 Miles Today-Rant

4K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  ChiefSailer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I cannot believe that I drove 104 miles this morning to have a pistol put on my permit. I live in Lindenhurst and had the pistol delivered to PJAN so as to support a forum sponsor. Also last time I used Jerry's for the same reason. This is freaking ridiculous that it took me 4 hours of driving around just to exerciser my constitutional right. This state, as said many times before, is a FREAKING SINKHOLE. Anything else I have to say would get me banned or a few warming points. So I'm done with my rant. Thanks for listening, I feel a little better now.

#11 ·
Sorry to hear that. I haven't had that problem for almost a year now.

#20 ·
Congrats on the gun. Im waiting for my S&W shield to come in to PJAN for transfer. I'll be driving about 130 miles to do the Nassau shuffle. In retrospect, I probably could have bought it locally and only cost myself an extra $25. Gas and time wasnt factored in. Im gettin old.
Did you get the gun with or without the safety?

#26 ·
I get things sent to Suffolk Shooting - to hopefully save me running - but I almost always get delayed... SO I get to make a THIRD trip out there sometimes!

...and I'm a little farther away too. (a hiccup and I'd be screwed in nassau)

#29 ·
PJ Army Navy is great, I got a side by side 12 gauge a couple weeks ago from gunbroker..Purchased a couple small things there also....As for Yaphank, I dont mind going there when I get a new pistol......Its only 3 miles from home...

Reactions: ChiefSailer
#42 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yep, mine is 120 miles (from East Northport), I wish they let the local pcts do this BS, wow, and asking for voter ID is unconstitutional ? But we are required to take a day off from work, which is essentially losing a day's pay, pay for and burn gallons of gas, and drive for hours to exercise our 2nd amendment right, but this is not an issue, and the same judges state to require one to get a free ID, so we know you can legitimately vote, is unconstitutional, because we are requiring them to pay the $2.50 for the bus ride to the DMV, but I am literally "paying" $100s of dollars to add a gun to my license, something is not right here.

#43 ·
I usually do it on multiple days. I don't have the luxury of raking off a day from work to buy a gun.

I got some thing from T&T a few weeks ago. Saw it and paid for it at the last show in Hauppauge, a few says later I went to Yaphank during lunch. Then over the weekend I went to T&T to get the gun, then the following week back to Yaphank during lunch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.