1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
LIVE FREE OR DIE
3,118 Posts
I have three generators including a Yamaha (6800 RW), Honda (1000 RW), & Briggs & Stratton (5600 RW). Obviously there is no comparison in size between my Honda and the Yamaha, but the Yamaha is really quite for its size. The Briggs & Stratton is loud as hell and yes the Honda is very quite, but it is only 1000 RW.

The only reason why I bought the Yamaha was that Home Depot had them mismarked for $799 when they are regularly over $1000 especially with the electric start and all. They honored the price and couldn't pass it up.

Ran the Yamaha non stop for two weeks during & after Sandy and then on job sites for another couple of months and she purrs like a kitten.

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
IIRC Yamaha at just about full load is supposed to be as loud as a normal conversation. I bought the next model up...2400W ....but have yet to run it.
I did read in one of the reviews that it could be more reliable than Honda since Honda uses an OHC in the motor and the belt/chain could break, where Yamaha does not use over head cams.
Also, Honda's biggest model at the time was 2000W peak/1600W continuous. Yamaha has the above mentioned 2400W which gives 2000W continuous.

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2400 is a good model and I thought hard about getting one, but I like the portability of the 2000 plus if I get another I can run them in parallel....

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
The 2400 is a good model and I thought hard about getting one, but I like the portability of the 2000 plus if I get another I can run them in parallel....
Yes, that's a huge advantage if you think your situation will require the extra power. I had thought about that too. For my needs, the 2400 fit the bill.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Any idea is the Yamaha louder than the Honda?
I have owned both the EF2000 and the EU2000 and The Honda to me sounds quiter but not by much .. They both are unbelievably quiet even when right next to them ..

·
Banned
4,780 Posts
I have the one that you can connect to another 2000w and my nephew bought two that are made to be connected. We read through the directions and they recommend NOT running it in eco mode when connected to another gen....which means they are full throttle. That is a bit of info I did not read about, anywhere in my research.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts