Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, according to this article somebody registered 544K mags. Read the article for other tidbits on the registration stats up in Conn.

http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/More-than-51-000-assault-rifles-registered-in-6487021.php

·
Runs with scissors
1,759 Posts
"If they're [police] going somewhere where they know someone has 179 assault weapons, they'll probably behave differently," Lawlor said. "These owners are all law-abiding until they pull the trigger."

According to this guy. We are all criminals in waiting.

Attachments

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
"These owners are all law-abiding until they pull the trigger."
By that logic all men should have to register their johnson because we're all law-abiding until we rape someone.

Of course, he'd be exempt because he's dick-less.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I went to a great shop during my visit to Virginia. It was kinda hysterical. As the guy rang me up, he invited me to take a look In their showroom. It was like the terminator's gun cabinet.....all custom rifles and AR's and pistols all over the place.....and you could grab it off the rack and look at it without anybody bothering you one bit. I could've spent hours there, but I had family in the car.....either way....great shop, great visit.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Ridiculous. Citizens had these weapons and ammo prior to the registration law and now that have a known number of registered weapons there's a public safety concern. What a load of $&%#.

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
"If they're [police] going somewhere where they know someone has 179 assault weapons, they'll probably behave differently," Lawlor said. "These owners are all law-abiding until they pull the trigger."

According to this guy. We are all criminals in waiting.
He can only shoot 1 (or possibly 2) at a timr, so why should the police be more afraid of 179?

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,472 Posts
If my neighbors had rooms like these, I'd be so there

"Honey we're moving! Pack your things I'll explain on the way"

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of course if you are Jerry Miculek you can do 40 rounds in 6 seconds....

Reactions: CommackBoy

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,472 Posts
You'd move out of jealousy?

I'd be hanging with him.
Noooo!! I guess I wrote that wrong..if the neighborhood had homes with rooms like these (179 semi auto rifles and God knows what other goodies) I'd move closer if I could

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
And Connecticut's motto is the Constitution State.
Lol nope. We are "the nutmeg state"...

Anyway, regarding the original post, that might be the state rep for my district. At a town hall meeting he told me he was going to say he had " 1 million mags" so that way he can continue to buy as many as he wants and never be over the limit. Haha. Maybe he decided to cut that # in half to draw less attention...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol nope. We are "the nutmeg state"...

Anyway, regarding the original post, that might be the state rep for my district. At a town hall meeting he told me he was going to say he had " 1 million mags" so that way he can continue to buy as many as he wants and never be over the limit. Haha. Maybe he decided to cut that # in half to draw less attention...
In "Unintended Consequences " by John Ross the main character does a similar thing in registering silencers if memory serves me.

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts
Ridiculous. Citizens had these weapons and ammo prior to the registration law and now that have a known number of registered weapons there's a public safety concern. What a load of $&%#.
What comes after registration?
Or perhaps I should say what will they work on after registration?
Just part of more compromise for some moderate common sense gun laws that's all they ask right?

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
Just read the article. Holy crap that's the most left wing garbage I've read out of ct in a while. These are the reasons another 150,000+ people didn't register.

Do. Not. Comply.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
By that logic all men should have to register their johnson because we're all law-abiding until we rape someone.

Of course, he'd be exempt because he's dick-less.
I've met radical feminists who want all men to bee DNA cataloged from birth and put in an international directory so if they get a women pregnant and disappear she can easily track him down.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts