Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A man in Poland has built the world's largest working revolver, according to Guinness World Record. The weapon, a Remington model 1859, was built by Ryszard Tobys, of Piotrowo Drugie, west-central Poland. It took Mr Tobys around 2,500 hours to construct, since most of the parts had to be built by hand.

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Match it up with this puppy. It's an actual shotgun, they called it a Punt Gun. The claim was it could drop 50 ducks with 1 shot.
All I can think of is my shoulder after a day in the field with that thing..

Photograph White Black Gesture Hat

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
That's not a shotgun, it's a prototype Howitzer!

Dov

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't understand what they want to prove building bigger guns? They can't be concealed and it is totally impractical to develop something this big which you cannot even hold.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
A man in Poland has built the world's largest working revolver, according to Guinness World Record. The weapon, a Remington model 1859, was built by Ryszard Tobys, of Piotrowo Drugie, west-central Poland. It took Mr Tobys around 2,500 hours to construct, since most of the parts had to be built by hand.

No Picture

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Did you notice on the barrel it said "blackpowder 22g"? That's not even near the minimum for most blackpowder rifles, which the barrel length certainly makes it. If you're going to build the world's largest revolver, at least make it strong enough to handle proportionately sized powder charges.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
Did you notice on the barrel it said "blackpowder 22g"? That's not even near the minimum for most blackpowder rifles, which the barrel length certainly makes it. If you're going to build the world's largest revolver, at least make it strong enough to handle proportionately sized powder charges.
You're obviously confused. That's 22 grams (being Poland and all) which is give or take 340 grains.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
I thought this was the biggest...

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Registered
27 Posts

1 - 20 of 28 Posts