Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Huh?
what on earth does bringing a hammer have to do with this story?
Seriously good reporting here. ( i was being sarcastic. it's actually very poor reporting)
Prosecutors: Vermont woman brought hammer to firearms lesson, shot instructor in the face

WESTFORD, Vt. - Vermont prosecutors say a woman brought a hammer to a firearms lesson and then tried to kill the instructor by shooting him in the face.
Thirty-one-year-old Veronica Lewis, of Worcester, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to attempted first-degree murder.
Authorities say she went to 48-year-old Darryl Montague's Westford home, where he runs a licensed firearms business, for the lesson Monday.
Police say Montague later was found lying at the edge of a road. Paramedics and police initially thought he may have been struck by a vehicle, but they discovered he had been shot in the torso and jaw.
He is hospitalized in critical condition.
Lewis is being held without bail. The county public defender's office did not return a phone call seeking comment. In court, her attorney suggested the shooting wasn't premeditated.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/30/prosecutors-vermont-woman-brought-hammer-to-firearms-lesson-shot-instructor-in/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obinsite

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
I'm speculating here: The shooter may have been trying to score guns for junkie boyfriend or something. Signs up to get lesson, takes hammer to instructors head, then shoots him and takes guns and leaves? I dunno. But don't forget, the police gives out info with an eye dropper.

Reactions: xcentrk

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I am guessing they are trying to show she premeditated the attack by mentioning that she brought a hammer.

I agree with grifhunter that she probably was going to try to knock him out with a hammer, then the opportunity came to take the gun and shoot him.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I am guessing they are trying to show she premeditated the attack by mentioning that she brought a hammer.

I agree with grifhunter that she probably was going to try to knock him out with a hammer, then the opportunity came to take the gun and shoot him.
Your speculations may be true but nowhere in the story to they tie the hammer in the title into anything.
It's ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Ban hammers.
It's for the children.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.