Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/police-woman-fatally-shot-pa-gun-shop-102000358.html

Not much info ...

YORK SPRINGS, Pa. (AP) - Authorities are identifying the woman shot to death inside a central Pennsylvania gun shop.

State police say 61-year-old Beverly Dively Klepic, of Harrisburg, was shot Sunday afternoon at Miller's Munitions outside York Springs.

Police say a male relative was handling a loaded 9 mm pistol when it discharged and struck Klepic. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

WHP-TV says (http://bit.ly/o7QH2r ) the relative is Klepic's husband.

The shooting remains under investigation. Police say they weren't test-firing the handgun at the time.

Investigators say an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, and there's been no ruling on the cause or manner of her death.

___

Information from: WHP-TV, http://www.whptv.com

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Firearm safety rule #1-TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT WAS LOADED.
Even though its a gun shop, and you assume that the weapons should be unloaded, there's a chance it isn't.
Rule #2- DON'T MUZZLE ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO DESTROY.
I see this in gun shops all the time-some one is handed a rifle to look at, first thing they do is sweep everyone at the counter before looking down the sites. I'll usually say, please don't point that at me. You have to be careful, even if it's an unloaded firearm, it's just a good habit to practice muzzle awareness.

Someone needs to revisit the basics, and this would never happen. I would also put some responsibility on gun shop owners. You may have a lot of newbies coming in, who've never heard the 4 rules. As a shop owner, you should take responsibility to make sure all the weapons you're selling are being handled safely while in your shop.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
Gun shops can become crowded and people crammed together at the counter like sardines (ie. Camp-Site). It is very easy to sweep the muzzle of a long and heavy rifle or shotgun down the counter at everyone. No excuses, but it happens.

ironshaolin said:
Firearm safety rule #1-TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT WAS LOADED.
Even though its a gun shop, and you assume that the weapons should be unloaded, there's a chance it isn't.
Rule #2- DON'T MUZZLE ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO DESTROY.
I see this in gun shops all the time-some one is handed a rifle to look at, first thing they do is sweep everyone at the counter before looking down the sites. I'll usually say, please don't point that at me. You have to be careful, even if it's an unloaded firearm, it's just a good habit to practice muzzle awareness.

Someone needs to revisit the basics, and this would never happen. I would also put some responsibility on gun shop owners. You may have a lot of newbies coming in, who've never heard the 4 rules. As a shop owner, you should take responsibility to make sure all the weapons you're selling are being handled safely while in your shop.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
A real tragedy. I cannot believe the store employee didn't safety check prior to handing over the gun!

Dov

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
Who said it was an accident?

psydaddy said:
A real tragedy. I cannot believe the store employee didn't safety check prior to handing over the gun!

Dov

·
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SydneyH said:
Who said it was an accident?
Who said it wasn't?

Thus far, the article reveals very little about what happened.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
It could have been the shooter's own gun that he carried in to sell and not one given to him by the store employee.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts

·
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pate said:
Let's see if we can spin this and blame the cops. ;D
Hey, if that's the case, I'm in for a good old fashioned Cop bashing.

After all it probably went off when the Cop was attempting to circumvent the shooter's 2A rights. And then the (Drunk) Cop pulled the wife in front of him creating a human shield, just like all (Drunk) cops are known to do. Thankfully, his fellow (Drunk) officers will sweep this incident under the rug. 8) 8) 8) The Blue wall is alive and well in Pennsyltucky.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
That's assuming it was a negligent discharge and not a homicide in the guise of a negligent discharge.

Pate said:
Wow....that's a hard thing to live with. :-/

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Anyone want to wager that Bloomberg and McCarthy will call for a ban on gun shops now?

Dov

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
SydneyH said:
That's assuming it was a negligent discharge and not a homicide in the guise of a negligent discharge.
Come on, really- just because she was accidentally soht nine times, there you go jumping to conclusions!

This is a tragedy and we should not be joking about it. However, poor judgment must have been a factor.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
I was not joking!
The fact that the wife was shot 9 times (if that was the number of shots, the news accounts do not say how many shots were fired) does not rule out a homicide. The husband may have been clever enough to make the shooting look like an accidental discharge to fool the authorities. The police will have to investigate whether the husband had an ulterior motive, such as an affair, insurance taken out on the wife, possibility of a divorce, marriage breakdown, domestic violence, etc.
To be honest, this is a very clever way to commit a murder. Unless the police can establish a motive, it may be difficult, if not impossible, to prove that this incident was a homicide.

Captain Will said:
Come on, really- just because she was accidentally soht nine times, there you go jumping to conclusions!

This is a tragedy and we should not be joking about it. However, poor judgment must have been a factor.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Captain Will said:

with a revolver of course

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
The husband's handgun was a 9mm Kel-Tec, not a revolver.

50bmgshooter said:
with a revolver of course

1 - 20 of 40 Posts