Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
2,766 Posts
I recently installed Windows 10 on my few month old ASUS touch screen laptop.

While Windows 10 seem to be very user friendly, not all the drivers for my hardware work 100% with Win10. The start menu is a little intimidating, but you can dumb it down. However, it finally lets me use the touchscreen function of my laptop without trying to hit that small little square.

I only lasted a day before I downgraded back to WIndows 8.1 with Classic Shell. Ill try back in a few months when the drivers get updated for Win10.

· 200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,868 Posts
Reactions: Tonto

· Registered
2,546 Posts
I have an ASUS laptop, and the 10 update installed the wrong touchpad driver and FUBAR'd half my settings. Also, 10 has no simple way to disable automatic updates, and that is a BIG issue for me. I also recommend getting free software like C Cleaner, since the update left about 230 registry errors behind.

· Premium Member
594 Posts
Has anybody upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10? I am reluctant to make the jump yet despite reminders from my HP desktop that it wants me to. Does this just "upgrade" the 8.1 and keep your software that does run on 8.1? Does your hardware that works on 8.1 still work? An "upgrade" can take just an hour or so but a reinstall is a day.....and maybe new hardware? Far be it from me to distrust "Uncle Bill"!

Inquiring minds want to know..the good bad and ugly!

· AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.