Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still in the market for a trimmer, and just curious if anyone knows for sure that either Ryobi or Troy-Bilt trimmer attachments work with the Echo trimmer? The guy in Lowes says the Troy-Bilts do work with the Husqvarna trimmer, but recent reviews I have seen have not been that favorable towards the Husqy. Both the Ryobi and Troy-Bilt attachments are less than half the price of the Echo brand ones. I've been googling it, but all I can seem to find is that Stihl uses a proprietary setup.

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
1 - Don't know the exact answer to your question

2- What attachments do you need? Ask because if it's an trimmer and edger let's say, you're better off buying a regular trimmer and an edger that you'll use once per year, used off craigslist.

3- Are you willing to risk breaking the Echo as a result of a crappy Ryobi or TB attachment?

From what I remember of your posts, you have a decent amount of land and would recommend going with something halfway decent to good as opposed to cutting corners with the Ryobi attachments. Is the price difference b/w Echo and Ryobi attachments that much that it pays to look into? My old man broke my balls for spending so much on a trimmer (Echo which was about $200 - He's gotten cheap in his old age)...He's had a Homelite, Ryobi, and now a something else....or maybe just those 2. He's probably spent $200 between the 2 and that's not factoring in the trips to buy and the aggravation as neither operates with enough gusto to do the job.

My echo is on Season 4, I've never serviced it, and it starts right up. I use treated gas year round and don't even bother emptying the gas before winter anymore. No issues at all.

If you really need the attachments (I like the idea but think the switching attachments thing will get old after a few times of doing it), just stick with Echo

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just thinking the occasional pole saw, brush cutter, or hedge trimmer application. Otherwise, it's just the weed whacking 99% of the time. I'm fed going to spend the money on a quality power head, but $200 per attachment to use them once or twice a year is what I'm baulking at. The Ryobi and Troy-Bilt attachments are all under $100

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.