Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"A reader poses an interesting question:

Dr. Helen,

Do you ever think or worry (not that this is the right way to couch it) that where we are
going with the feminizing of males, vs. the world at large, i.e. ISIS etc. what the long term
implications are for America?

I spent 6 years in the military, enjoyed every minute of it and never a second thought would
we ever be in a place where I was actually concerned about the country's ability to defend
itself. I'm not so sure I'm there anymore. Being a male is not so easy.

Thoughts?"

Well, what are your thoughts?

Find out what Dr. Helen's thoughts are: http://pjmedia.com/drhelen/2015/08/07/will-americas-feminization-of-men-impede-its-ability-to-defend-itself/

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Today's or rather tomorrow's men will be fine on the battlefield, so long as it is with a joystick in a an air conditioned room and they don't have to carry those icky guns that hurt their poor wittle ears when they go bang. Or deal with all those scary bad guys, heaven forbid! Oh and maybe be allowed 3 time outs during every battle for sad time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I go from a semester at college - surrounded by females who are "oh, so sensitive" about every little word you utter, to working construction, where no one cares if you bleed on the job - as my boss says "ain't really working unless you're really bleeding."

So, yes I think men have become feminized, just listen to any modern pop radio station, every single male singer sounds like a female when they croon. Smh.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Not all men have been wussified.
My daughter is nine.
I look at her male friends and really wonder about them, I mean I look at their fathers as well and it becomes apparent that most are a bunch of wussified metro sexual a themselves, so what chance do these boys have at having a real male role model?
The movies and TV are pretty much the same. No real John Wayne types out there. JW was before my time, but we still had traditional male role models on TV and the movies.
My wife and I had a pretty long discussion about this very issue not too long ago.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
there are no losers only competitors, everybody gets a trophy mentality.....yes I agree our future "conflicts" don't want to use the "W" word will be waged by remote control off the battlefield....low casualties but might embolden a countries leader to make a move he/she might not have made if it involved live bodies doing the fighting...back to the feminization of the male, well I read that there are the transgenders who want the military to pay for their "alterations"....

·
Registered
345 Posts
CMP: The Office of the Director of Civilian Marksmanship (DCM) was created by the U.S. Congress as part of the 1903 War Department Appropriations Act. The original purpose was to provide civilians an opportunity to learn and practice marksmanship skills so they would be skilled marksmen if later called on to serve in the U.S. military. Formation was precipitated by adoption of the M1903 Springfield rifle as the national service arm. Civilians experienced with popular contemporary lever-action rifles were unable to sustain an equivalent rate of fire from the unfamiliar bolt action M1903 rifle.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
It appears to me this tendency toward pussification is mostly confined to those American men of the caucasion race.

America celebrates machismo and badassness in its hip hop heroes, muslim men and of course, and in those who cross the borders to do work Americans won't do.

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
watch Europe. They've been feminized for over 50 years & now face an existential threat in Islam. See how they cower. Read about Ayaan Hirsi Ali & that will give you a clue of things to come.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
I look at one small slimmer of hope when I watch youth football and hockey, throw in lacrosse..teens want to show toughness through these sports.I guess this is something I've noticed. .I won't say we're a nation of ******* just yet.just a thought. .

·
Registered
465 Posts
I remember once when I was young shoveling show in storm, a couple of older kids mostly just the local bully beat me up and took my snow money,,, I came home told my father he told me to take a hot shower and change. Told me not to come home until got my money back. What I didn't know until it was over was that he followed me and watched me fight him, Until I got my money back. Life lesson I will never forget. They would probably put him in jail and me in foster care nowadays.

Good men raise good men, most people are now and have always been sheep maybe the sheep were a little tougher but a sheep is a sheep.

·
I'm a Michigander now.
5,119 Posts
My son will be the last bastion of John Muthahumpin Wayne if it's the last thing I do. Not gonna raise a metrosexual kid who shares his sisters jeans. He's gonna salavate when he realizes you can top a meat sandwich with more meat.

I don't care what society says...masculinity is still cool and nothing beats a sexy woman.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Liberal Feminist Men is OK with WIfe bumping uglies with other men and he loves it.

As I write this, my children are asleep in their room, Loretta Lynn is on the stereo, and my wife is out on a date with a man named Paulo. It's her second date this week; her fourth this month so far. If it goes like the others, she'll come home in the middle of the night, crawl into bed beside me, and tell me all about how she and Paulo had sex.

she didn't present it as an issue of feminism to me, but after much soul-searching about why the idea of my wife having sex with other men bothered me I came to a few conclusions: Monogamy meant I controlled her sexual expression

When my wife told me she wanted to open our marriage and take other lovers, she wasn't rejecting me, she was embracing herself. When I understood that, I finally became a feminist

For another woman's counter-view, I offer this: The only thing worse than a man you can't control is a man you can. -- Margo Kaufman

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.