Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Wife's consultation update

191 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gary_Hungerford 
#1 ·
We saw Dr. Bilfinger at Stony Brook on Friday. After consultation with him and the lung surgeon, they deceided that she really was not a good candidate for surgery. They think the mass might be squamous cell type of lung cancer which is almost exclusively a smoker's cancer. They are scheduling a surgical biopsy by bronchoscopy this coming Thursday. There is a less than 2% chance that it is NOT cancer. If the biopsy prooves positive, it is going to be chemo and radiation. I'm really devastated by this. Surgery is always the best option as we all know chem and radiation helps but it is not a cure. I'll give my wife credit though. She is a strong woman and she is taking this beter than I am. i have all to do to hold it together.
I'll post anupdate Thurs or Fri after the biopsy procedure. We won;t have the results back for a few days. They are also scheduling a PET scan just ot make sure there is no lymph node involvment, which according to early scans such as bone scans it does not look like there is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.