Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Ruger 10/20 Archangel from Hunters Essential. I subsequently modified the Ruger so as to allow an easier bolt release. In order to do that, I had to disassemble the Archangel to get to the action to do the modification. After successfully modifying the action, I put back the Archangel and when finished I noticed something was wrong. The barrel now pointed noticeably at an angle within the Archangel shroud. I couldn't get it aligned properly. I called Bruce at Hunters Essentials hoping to get a few suggestions as to how to proceed. Bruce told me to come over and he'd take a look. Upon arrival, Bruce took the rifle apart and diagnosed what was wrong. He gave me several options as to how to fix the problem but instead of giving me the rifle to fix myself, he offered to fix it right there and then. After some machine work on parts and about an hour, the rifle barrel and the Archangel were in perfect alignment. I asked him how much I owed him for all the work he had done and he said "Nothing! I stand behind what I sell." Even though what happened was of my making, Bruce was willing and able to fix it and stand by his sale to me. You can't get this quality of service from internet providers. I am very grateful to Bruce for not only fixing the rifle but for re-enforcing my belief in the goodness and quality of our local gun shops and specifically, Hunters Essentials.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
:applaud

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bruce is truly a gentleman, and represents the very best of the shooting sports and the good people within the shooting community. That he also happens to be a local proprietor is to our great and fortunate advantage.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Bruce got me out of a few jams that my ham fists caused.

And so has the crew at South Shore.

But, you're right Starman, you'll never get this kind of service from the internet stores.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Other than Bensons, which is a waste of time and money, I am down with local shops for sure.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Mark at Suffolk Shooting Supplies helped me out with a problem on a transfer from Gunbroker.com, In the end it just comes down to being a good business man.

Too bad the bad shops outweigh the good shops and the small mom and pop shops don't have the inventory.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I need to take a drive up that way and check out his shop. Sounds like a real stand-up guy.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
Bruce is the best, keep it going and everyone should stop in and say hello to Bruce, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sgt Squid said:
Pate, my tounge hurts from biting it... :D
Take a deep breath......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.