Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I stopped in earlier tonight to Campsite, as I needed to bring in the GSG Kalashnikov .22 I bought for last week for sons (they love this rifle and have had a rip shooting it so far - got it last Fridayy right before Labor Day weekend, and they've got 2+ bricks through it already - great right out of the box). Anyway, while we're out at Calverton yesterday afternoon, my son shows me that all of a sudden, the safety is loose and "floppy". I checked it out, but since I wasn't confident it was something I could easily fix, I figured I would stop in to Campsite to see if they might be able to help. I was greeted amicably by Jonathan and Doug, and while both were busy helping customers, they took the time to say hello, and Jonathan asked me what he could help me with. When I explained, and told him I was in no rush, he finished up with the customer he was assisting, and proceeded to check out the rifle, and then patiently and pleasantly was able to repair the safety, which was not as easy as mght have been imagined given the "tight quarters" of the interior of the AK's receiver. Before I knew it, the rifle was all good to go, but I had already been involved in friendly conversation with Doug, Jonathan, PapaBear (who was in moderating the Hunter Safety course) and a number of other customers. I did by some ammo before I left, but I have to say that I genuinely feel welcome whenever I stop in @ Campsite, whether I am in store shopping for a new rifle, bringing in one of the rifles / shotguns I have purchased there with a question or for boresighting, or just to say hi and look around. Courtesy, professionalism, a willingness to answer questions without obligation, and general overall easy, comfortable manner of doing business, these are the reasons I will keep going back to Campsite. Yes, I have been very happy with my purchases made there to date, But the confidence they have fostered that I am valued to the business as a loyal customer, and that the entire staff actually wants to be helpful and has a pleasant demeanor is why I for one (and many more have had similar experiences from what I have read on these and other forums) will look forward to all of my future visits to Campsite. Whether it's shawn, Doug, Jonathan, Jon, or any of the other great staff, I know it will be a positive experience!!

Thanks, Campsite Crew!

Frank and the Boys

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
hay glad to have meet up with you frank and wating to meet you next week NorthForkSportsman

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd like to nominate Frank as the LIF Gunstores & Gunsmiths Moderator.

Anyone care to second my motion?

;D

Frank, Thank you so much for the kind words. Jonathan is very talented. He can fix a gun with a paper clip and ballpoint pen.

People like yourself help to keep my job real for me. Retail can be very trying at times but folks like yourself help me put all that behind me. :B

Thanks again,

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
SECOND IT SmileyCentral.com

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
You definetly cannot go wrong shopping at campsite, I only give them my business now. Everytime you walk in theres a smile, handshake, a rifle thrust into your hand to drool over (lol) and good conversation. That place is topnotch in my book.

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,287 Posts
Camp-Site is the only store I shop in.  I have been a customer since 1992.  I picked up a few transfers the other day and was impressed with the professionalism of the staff as always, as well as accommodating my rushed schedule.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Was in there earlier today looking at 1911's ( :cower ) Good service, every customer counts even when they're busy.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Ive been into Campsite three times in the least week, Jon, Johnathan, Shawn , and Doug are the only people I trust with my considerable collection. I bought most of my rifles from Campsite, with the exception of one lever gun I personally bought from Shawn.

The only place to shop, and never a penny wasted. CampSite simply rocks!

G

·
I must say it was a nice place, The only thing I wish it was bigger, Like Cabelas big lol.... Awsome place, Friendly staff, Great guns...

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I just love those amigos. Great Batos.

Keep buying my pistolas from them... I will dedicate a Pinata in their names .

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
bobtorre said:
I just love those amigos. Great Batos.

Keep buying my pistolas from them... I will dedicate a Pinata in their names .
Just watch out for the octagon case by the pistols! Some of that stuff is like a house down payment! And Shawn and Doug could sell sand to an Arab!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.