Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm not personally interested in selling. I came across a story today that a young woman desperately needs a kidney or faces death within a few months.

Why do we prohibit people from selling their kidneys? I honestly don't get it. You only need one & the money could really be helpful to the donor. If my daughter was dying, I would pay big, big bucks for a kidney, life changing bucks to some people. What is big objection?

https://www.facebook.com/KidneyforRachael?fref=nf

Reactions: artburg

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Obviously your parts are too old. There is apparently a large market for baby parts.
Send them to Planned Parenthood and tell them you were just a very big baby, apparently they have cornered the spare parts market on organs.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
I tried to buy an organ and was arrested in a prostitution sting.

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
I tried to buy an organ and was arrested in a prostitution sting.
I wished I would've changed the heading to "Why can't I sell my kidney?"

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
I will try to explain this as simply as I can.

People are stupid.

People look towards government to guide and protect them. In doing so they give more power to the government.

Government in turn takes this power and

1. looks to protect themselves

2. Exerts this power in a way it sees fit.

One should never underestimate the power of stupid. Especially when it comes to what they call the youth of today even though they are adults.

I present to you a case that made global news.

Chinese student sells kidney for iPad

A surgeon and four other people are on trial in central China over the case of a teenager who is said to have sold a kidney to buy an iPhone and iPad 2, state media has reported.

I highly suggest you read Atlas Shrugged

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Ok, I'm not personally interested in selling. I came across a story today that a young woman desperately needs a kidney or faces death within a few months.

Why do we prohibit people from selling their kidneys? I honestly don't get it. You only need one & the money could really be helpful to the donor. If my daughter was dying, I would pay big, big bucks for a kidney, life changing bucks to some people. What is big objection?

https://www.facebook...Rachael?fref=nf
A good simple reason would be that your daughter would NOT get a kidney!!!... You just plain can't afford it - on the open market you would be considerably outbid until she was dead.

The curent "best match" process is probably close to the most fair system...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Lets count... Not counting extremities, you would lose an ear, eye, lung, kidney, nipple, ********....
I saw a women who wants to purchase a testicl. She also needs a penis if anyone has an extra. She came to NYS because Cuomo said sex changes are Free paid by hard working people in there taxes.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
There is an hbo documentary about selling body parts in third world countries.
Sadly a kidney was only going for $1200 US dollars but to the people selling them it was a huge improvement to their family's living conditions.
I think the documentary was called "The Organ Farm" or something like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.