Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if one shop really stands out in this? I'm looking for a P220 equinox for my next purchase, anyone seen one on display recently?

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
I always would call Campsite first to check and if they didn't have one then Colliseum seems to have the best stock that I have seen (when I went shoping).  Campsite has special ordered Sigs for me and had the best prices if you need to order it from Sig.

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Bruce at Hunter's Essentials can and will order you about anything. He is fast and definitely backs his sales.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hands down Coliseum. I was there this week and boy do they have Sigs. They have used ones also.
If you don't see what you are looking for, ask Andy or Kenny and they may pull something out of the back.
There is only so much room there in the display but they have a lot more guns than what meets the eye.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Like was said here, try Coliseaum guns for their large in stock supply. You can also try Hunter Sports. He will be sponsering that handgun demo day at Nassau range in May. Sig is one of the factories going to be there. And there will be special deals on guns that day.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
I would also say Campsite, or maybe South Shore Sportsman.

But, let's remember folks, the OP wants to look at, and fondle the gun before he buys. If no store on the Island has one in stock, maybe another member who owns one will him check out theirs.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
My P220 Match Target is very open minded - she likes to be fondled by many people and often 8)

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
jack park said:
My P220 Match Target is very open minded - she likes to be fondled by many people and often 8)
As long as you're so accepting ...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T.Webb said:
I would also say Campsite, or maybe South Shore Sportsman.

But, let's remember folks, the OP wants to look at, and fondle the gun before he buys. If no store on the Island has one in stock, maybe another member who owns one will him check out theirs.
Your right, I do want to see it first. I've heard those awesome wood grips can come in different colors/shades. Coliseum is a good idea, been there once and the selection was large.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Coliseaum does have a lot of Sig Sauer pistols but they don't seem to know much of anything about them. My job made the move from 9mm to 40 cal last year and I was in the market for a P239 SAS DA/SA. I went there to see if they had one in stock and was told that Sig doesn't make one in that config. I tried to explain to the salesman that not only did I see it on Sig's web site but I had also called them. I explained further that I was a Sig Armor and would buy a DAO if it was a later frame that could be converted. He again rudely told me that none of the DAK triggers could be converted. Being a cop I asked him if he was not able to get one of these pistols if I could get a transfer from Sig (officer discount....pay Sig and they send it to your FFL.....not to Dept anymore) and I was then told Coliseaum doesn't do that, that they are in the business of selling guns not transfering them. Not only do they charge MUCH more fore everything I have found there but they are the RUDEST individuals I have EVER encountered at a gun store. I was going to buy the gun from a LOCAL shop without the discount and they lost the sale. Oh yeah I asked to see their Sig Catalog and wouldn't you know it there was a Sig P239 SAS Gen 2 DA/SA in the catalog. I will never again go to this shop and will sure as hell NEVER recomend this place to anyone.

SemperFi

Richie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.