Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between the Ontario okc3s, the M9, and the old surplus M7, which one would you choose and why?

·
Registered
370 Posts
For a rifle length gas system? I always wondered how someone is supposed to put a bayonet on your typical 16" carbine.

The steel used for bayonets is generally kind of crappy, so if you're planning on using it as a bushcraft style knife I don't think I'd go that direction. If you plan on actually mounting it on something I don't think it really matters. They're all pointy. I heard the Ontario holds up well.

·
Banned
6,853 Posts
For a rifle length gas system? I always wondered how someone is supposed to put a bayonet on your typical 16" carbine.

The steel used for bayonets is generally kind of crappy, so if you're planning on using it as a bushcraft style knife I don't think I'd go that direction. If you plan on actually mounting it on something I don't think it really matters. They're all pointy. I heard the Ontario holds up well.
A bayonet doesnt work on a 16" carbine gas system, but does work on a 16" middy and 20" rifle as well as some mossberg 590s.

But, no, I dont plan on this being a user knife, I have much better options.

Truth be told, I only want one to have a sharp pointy thing on the front of the shotgun.

·
Banned
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Am I really the only member of the "stabbing things with a firearm" fan club?

Ordered a M7, because I found one for $43 shipped.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have my Ontario that I had in Iraq. It's a beast of a knife. It came sharp and it's made to take a serious beating without breaking. The case it comes with is a hard plastic type with MOLLE straps on it so that it can be carried strapped to anything. It makes a great survival knife and IMO, it's well worth the $120 or whatever they cost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts