Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Anti-Statist
5,336 Posts
So preface: I've never hunted LI.

Usually just a treestand in CT on private land.

This year I wanted to hunt LI, so I bought myself a muzzleloader and was ready and rearing to go.

Then I see that there's no weekend deer hunting during the muzzleloader season and I have no vacation time to speak of on January to utilize except maybe mlk day.

So I'm an effort to get out in the woods as much as possible, I would like to take out my air rifle and go squirrelin (or maybe rabbit or crow)

Whereabouts would I be able to do this? DEC literature says I can hunt those critters 7 days a week. Can I just goto rocky point or somewhere on a Sunday morning with my Gamo or daisy? (>650FPS)

what Is the procedure like for small game? Can anyone offer any pointers? Or dare I say does anyone want to join me?

Thanks in advance friends.

·
airbrushart
5,503 Posts
There's a target rich environment of squirrel in bay shore. Pm member P&M.

I'm sure he'll be happy to set you up in a stand and everything.
. OH boy wait until Debbie aka lovely glove sees what you said.......................

Reactions: RetLtMedic

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Check the cilabis to make sure it is a aproved hunting implement.

·
Flashburn Studio/Bullseye Brassware
723 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Then I see that there's no weekend deer hunting during the muzzleloader season and I have no vacation time to speak of on January to utilize except maybe mlk day
January Firearms Deer Hunting Season in Suffolk County
This page contains general information on hunting during Long Island's special shotgun and muzzleloading firearms season in January. Specific information on hunting on DEC-managed lands during this season is available on the Firearms Deer Hunting on NYSDEC-Managed Lands in Suffolk County brochure PDF (332 KB).

Season Dates: The January firearms deer season begins on the first Sunday in January and ends on January 31.

Hunting Hours: Sunrise to sunset

Manner of Taking: Shotgun, using a single ball or slug, or a muzzleloading rifle, shooting a single projectile, having a minimum bore of 0.44 inches. Shotgun barrels may be rifled, and telescopic sights may be used. No muzzleloading pistols are permitted. Crossbows are not a legal hunting implement in Suffolk County.

·
Anti-Statist
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
airbrushart
5,503 Posts
Lovely Glove?
Nay, nay.
She's the Cowgirl from Roys!
Remember?
Yea I made the spelling correction right under the post, lovemyglock after spell check changes to lovely glove, while spell check is nice its not what I wanted

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.