Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I work with has a pre ban Sig 226 with 3 Mags two 15 rounds and one 20 rounds. Plus he has a Holster. He states it mint with nite sites and parker coated whatever that is? He has many guns and looking to sell it to me as he just hasn't used it often. This just came up in discussion didn't even know he had his license and has many collectible guns. So during our talk I asked him if he any semi autos he might want to part with and he mentioned this one and that he would consider selling it. Metioned he would let it go for a very good price.

He lives in Connecticut what is the best way to purchase this when and if I ever get my license which is due any day? I live in Suffolk. Can I just get a purchase paperwork and drive over there to pick up the gun and bring it back to Yapank?

What would be a fair price?

I say pre ban Sig 226 with 3 Mags two 15 rounds and one 20 rounds because it was originally purchased back in the 80'S. Is this legal for me to purchase with these size Mags?

I heard many good things about the 226 what do you think?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi.

First of all, if the seller is not within the State of New York, Pistol has to transfer from FFL to FFL.

As for price, I've seen different prices for Sig 226 in used. Certified Preowns go for about $500-650 range. Brand new goes for about $850 and up, depending on variant.

Best bet is go on auctionarms or gunbroker and see what sig 226 in used are selling for (not what is listed).

As for magazines, if those magazines are manufactured prior to Sept 1994, then yes, you can have them.

I own 3 Sig 226s and I love every one of them. For my Peace officer academy at SCSO, I used Sig 226 DAK 9mm for the training and I have not had one single malfunction over 1200+ rounds in 1 week period. Very accurate and well balanced gun, but definitely not a conceal carry piece.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
what M1 said

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
J&G Sales has police trade-in Sig P226's for $349.00 with one mag. But, they definitely look a bit long in the tooth. Spare mags are $19.00 each.

I hope this helps.

You're also going to have to pay for 2 FFL transfers, one in Ct. and another here on the Island.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.