Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What makes you "think" of thinning the herd? Not shooting it...impulse buy...need money to buy something else. Seems like when I am talking to someone they say..."Yeah, I had one of those...I wish I still had it."

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
I've sold some.
Only one or two still haunt me, but for the most part it was simple lack of use that had me sell them.
A couple were just cheap impulse buys of something I thought I wanted and when I took it to the range, i realized why it was cheap.
If it's just sitting in my safe it's not doing anyone any good and I'm years past holding on to stuff "just because".

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
Certainly not Cuomo or liberalism !...........................Actually the thought has never crossed my mind .

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Everything else was sold under duress thanks to Cuomo.
The only gun I ever sold was one that would have had to be registered under unSAFE or neutered to not be registered. I'm glad I sold it rather than face either of those infuriating options.

Reactions: Greencvo

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
So far, only sold one...a Taurus revolver-model 94. (.22 cal.) Replaced it with a .22 cal. Ruger SP-101.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Forgot to include "I traded up"

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
The only gun I ever sold was one that would have had to be registered under unSAFE or neutered to not be registered. I'm glad I sold it rather than face either of those infuriating options.
That's why I did it. I refused to mutilate my SVT-40 or the other two rifles and registration was NOT going to happen. I made sure to replace them with equally lethal rifles of the same caliber.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Never sold one, really can't see any reason to. Me and my family have plenty of room in my van, and it's black, so it acts like a solar panel in the winter so we don't freeze. More than enough fresh (ish) food to be found once you learn the garbage schedule at local supermarkets and restaurants. Really can't imagine selling any.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I do not sell guns, they are mine and will stay with me forever, however I am only this way because I sold 2 in the past in order to pay some bills when I was much younger, one was an Uzi and the other was a tommy gun. Both of which, at 17 years old, were a little out of my financial means. But that was back when I was fiscally irresponsible

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.