Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
3,789 Posts
Hmmm....which is worse? Trump showing affection for our flag before a NH crowd, or this guy and woman before the flag drapped coffins of heros?

Attachments

· Registered
7,861 Posts
Hmmm....which is worse? Trump showing affection for our flag before a NH crowd, or this guy and woman before the flag drapped coffins of heros?
Comparing him to oboma, youre setting the bar quite low.
I wouldn't call that flag 'affection' , I call it creepy, ill thought out posing. Something a 3rd grader class clown would do walking into the classroom for a laugh.

· Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Comparing him to oboma, youre setting the bar quite low.
I wouldn't call that flag 'affection' , I call it creepy, ill thought out posing. Something a 3rd grader class clown would do walking into the classroom for a laugh.
Creepy is a good adjective. To me, it looked like fondling. It was just plain weird, but he strikes me as a very odd guy at times.

· Registered
7,861 Posts
Once again like with Palin the media has picked their victim. He scares them like Palin scared them, they continue the attack and the people pick up on it.

It's sad and funny at the same time.
Palin never scared me. She was and is a true Republican conservative and I voted for the McCain/Palin ticket and would like to see, hear more of her during this buildup to the election, McCain can just fade away AFAIK.
I disliked trump since the early 80's when I first really became aware of him. The media didn't mold my opinion of the man. I disliked him for many reasons then and I dislike him more now because I've heard him talk for any more years I think his pompous conceit and his my way or the highway attitude about everything in his life would likely be disastrous for the U.S. Are there many things I agree with on? You bet there are but as CIC I say not a great choice. I believe this is an ego play and nothing more. I'm betting if elected he'll be worried more and devout more time with his corporate brand and making more money then running the country.
Trump also was never even a republican. He's basically a democrat in republican clothing. I'm not buying all the conservative things he's spouting. You can find hundreds of other quotes from the man over the years that really show his colors and that's what's scary.
http://www.rawstory.com/2011/04/donald-trump-secret-liberal-the-top-10-reasons-conservatives-should-hate-him/

4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Once again like with Palin the media has picked their victim. He scares them like Palin scared them, they continue the attack and the people pick up on it.

It's sad and funny at the same time.
Please watch the first minute of the video & tell me it just doesn't look weird.

I listened to his whole speech. As C6NY says, I agree with some of his positions but he presents them like a caveman which may be fine if he can implement some of his ideas. The truth is I oppose him because we don't agree on many fundamentals. In his speech, he says that he would prevent American companies from opening plants in Mexico. Really? That's your idea of freedom.

Reactions: C6NY

· Right-wing Sith
6,699 Posts
After 9-11 while I was driving on Commack Rd I saw a kid about 16 or 17 with an American flag draped over his shoulders. I did not feel he was showing disrespect to the flag.

If anyone thinks TRUMP showing his affection to old glory by his chaste split second pat and hug of the flag is a negative, then it shows a lack of understanding of the whole TRUMPist movement.

Anyone want to attack this young lady?
Smile Dress Flag of the united states Textile Sleeve

Or, perhaps we should condemn the late Ronaldus Magnus for daring to kiss the American flag.
View attachment 63396

Attachments

4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After 9-11 while I was driving on Commack Rd I saw a kid about 16 or 17 with an American flag draped over his shoulders. I did not feel he was showing disrespect to the flag.
I don't even want to get into the whole disrespect the flag thing. We have enough authorities here to lay down flag law. I just thought it was a weird gesture like he was caressing an inanimate object.

· Banned
2,607 Posts
i will be voting republican no matter who is running.

i just hope it not jeb.
if trump runs there will be more people taking a interest in the presidency then ever before in our lifetime.

the percentage of citizens who vote in the US is a disgrace.

and the way to tell if someone does not vote is easy. they re the ones complaining the most about this country

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Stop trying to find something wrong with this American.... Proud
I'd say being a registered Democrat after the Reagan Wall Street years that made him into an Icon and donating 6 figures to Hilary just about does it. Remember, these positions and his past quotes were by him as an above middle-aged man who was well established as a powerhouse business icon at the time. His latest conservatism is just a new trend for him to get the limelight.

He's entertaining, but let's not get his love for himself and attention confused with any true sense of patriotism. The role Trump is playing now and thing's he's saying--now--would be great if someone genuine was doing the talking.

· Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I'd say being a registered Democrat after the Reagan Wall Street years that made him into an Icon and donating 6 figures to Hilary just about does it. Remember, these positions and his past quotes were by him as an above middle-aged man who was well established as a powerhouse business icon at the time. His latest conservatism is just a new trend for him to get the limelight.

He's entertaining, but let's not get his love for himself and attention confused with any true sense of patriotism. The role Trump is playing now and thing's he's saying--now--would be great if someone genuine was doing the talking.
Trump's wheeler & dealer in one of the most politically corrupt areas of our society; NYC big commercial real estate.
In NYC. being a Democrat is the way to go to make money .
Maybe that's why so many of our Republicans of this liberal sinkhole act more like Democrats than Republicans?
I believe that Trump is showing his true colors more now than ever before.
As for donating to Hillary, smart business.
Basically he was paying tribute or whatever you call it to the mob.
The Clintons are crooks with power and they will help those that pay them and crush those that don't.
To him it was a cost of doing business like paying off Al Sharpto so he won't protest your business.

I think Trump has reached a point where he has FU money.
Sure he's an egotist. All politicians are and Trump has shown that he's as much or more so than most of them. Possibly the only bigger egos I can think of are Obama's, Hillary's, and the thankfully late, Ted Kennedy's.

The only one in the race that's probably really honest is Ben Carson.

I don't entirely trust Trump but he's saying some good things now and I believe him more than any of the New York State Republicans RINOS,from downstate at least.
I certainly trust him more than Jeb Bush and Christie and think he's more of a Republican than they are.

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
I actually net Trump briefly in the 90s.
He's a wheeler & dealer. In NYC. being a Democrat is the way to go to make money in NYC.
Maybe that's why so many of our Republicans of this liberal sinkhole act more like democrats than Republicans.
I believe that Trump is showing his true colors now than ever before. As for donating to Hillary, smart business. The Clintons are crooks with power and they will help those that pay them and crush those that don't.

I think he's reached a point where he has FU money.
Sure he's an egotist. All politicians are and Trump has shown that he's as much or more so than most of them. Possibly the only bigger egos I can think of are Obama's, Hillary's, and the thankfully late, Ted Kennedy's.

The only one in the race that's probably really honest is Ben Carson.

I don't entirely trust Trump but he's saying some good things now and I believe him more than any of the New York State Republicans RINOS one & all from downstate at least. I certainly trust him more than Jeb Bush and Christie and think he's more of a Republican than they are.
Don't believe that " I was a Democrat cause it was NYC" excuse he glibly gave for a second. Billionaire Mikey Bloomturd and Giulliani and many other prominent businessmen in NY were Republicans and conservatives in the same era. Not to mention the "greed is good" Reagan years of Wall Street New York essentially created Trump as an icon.

Look, he's jumped on the right wing bandwagon now (even though a ton of his current statements are still very non-conservative). He's all flash and style over substance and sure his brashness is fun, but again it's all about the Trump brand. Don't think he'd flip for a second if it benefited his brand. In the pro conservative Bush years he was very much against that wave. If conservatism was the default today he'd probably get attention as some Liberal Social Justice Warrior. He's the ultimate self-serving politician he's not even a politico he's "the Donald" making waves (at least the other snakes are kept in line by loyalty to party and their political careers, Trump has no such boundaries and literally is all about himself in this attention [email protected] world we live in).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.