Long Island Shooters Forum banner
701 - 715 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
a7vette2, I am going to wait until things calm down. It's my own fault. It's been on my mind for months, never pulled the trigger, (pun intended, :).
I will wait for a sleepy July afternoon.
Thanks again everyone for your help and advice.

Ayogi
It is July...I would also recommend a 20gauge shotgun. Mossberg 500 or 88 in a youth model (given your height) would be my recommendation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings to all LIF members,

My name is Pete, I'm a senior citizen living in Setauket. Never owned a gun, though I've shot many. Given the social/criminal/political atmosphere of my beloved country, I've decided it's time to own a gun for home protection mainly.

I'm currently filling out a Suffolk County handgun permit application and in doing my research stumbled upon your site. I joined, and absolutely loved the very first post I read.

I'm also interested I purchasing a shotgun.

Anyway, I'm very happy to be a member and looking forward to gaining knowledge, training and camaraderie with the good people of Long Island Firearms.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome all. Lots of great information here and very knowledgeable folks so don't be afraid to ask questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am here, finally joining, after reading the site for years. Most of my questions about guns (in particular - laws) seem to always lead me to this forum. I am from NYC but have been in Nassau for 5 years now... which means I have been an owner for 5 years.. I am looking into different firearms (aka, i am not cheap anymore) and the laws are confusing - hopefully I can learn a lot as a member, and maybe one day contribute. if even it is contributing the right questions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What brought me here was I live in NYS which is a state that the people that run it do not want us to have a second amendment. So we all need a place to come together.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all,

Active LEO here.

Moved out to Suffolk from the city and since being out here figured I search for some local shooting ranges and stumbled upon LIF.

Currently looking to join a Club. I am in the Town of Huntington. Any leads is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone. I was referred here by another board.

I'm on Staten Island and I've been a gun owner for many years but my interest in firearms has been sparked lately. I shoot regularly at RTSP in Union New Jersey and I love clay shooting also. I haven't bought a handgun in a long time and I'm going to give it a shot. Not the best timing, I know.

I like romantic dinners, long walks on the beach, and cuddling up in front of the fire.

701 - 715 of 715 Posts