Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I will go first and break the ice.

I heard about it on TFL (The Firing Line).

Reactions: Tammany

·
Registered
999 Posts
As did I.
We have had discussions in the past on other forums regarding having a local Long Island Forum to discuss (and vent :)) about our New York State gun laws and in particular handgun issues. New forums start out small and slowly build as word spreads and hopefully that will be the case here.

There is certainly no shortage of gun owners on Long Island.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow now I feel unloved...I didn't find out about it there. Hell I'm more into bow hunting but I'm a STRONG proponent of the 2nd amendment and I'm secretary of a large gun club so I figured we could all benefit from a site like this.

Sab

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sab,

Welcome and please spread the word!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Kevin and Ed!

Browse around, make your self comfortable and spread the word to friends.

You can use the link on the bottom of the forum home to email friends with an invite.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome Nohardcoredancingallowed! Nice to have you, we are going to need to abreviate or assign you a knick name though!

Bring some friends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a PM at TFL. I divide my time between Brooklyn (where I shoot at Metropolitan Rod and Gun Club) and a home in PA where I do my hunting and rifle shooting. I'm a member at the North Mt. Sportsman's Club.
Reloading and learning about cartridges and how they perform is a consuming hobby for me. I spend a lot of time with black powder firearms.
Pete

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome Pete!   It is nice to have you and thanks for sharing about yourself.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Welcome Mas! A pleasure to have a celebrity here.... :)
We are hoping that over time the site becomes well known enough, and draws enough Long Island gun owners that we can ban together in a group and be able to exert some influence over our very restrictive gun laws here on Long Island as well as be informative and educational to attract new local gun owners to the great sport we all enjoy.

Thank you for stopping by!

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining!

Please spread the word; and with your knowledge start some threads!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm Mike from Nassau. I followed the link from Officer.com and i"m happy to be here.  8)

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm Mike from Nassau. I followed the link from Officer.com and i"m happy to be here.
Welcome Mike ! We are happy to have you!

1 - 20 of 715 Posts