Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stick a fork on us. We're done.
West Point professor resigns after calling legal scholars 'lawful targets'

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/02/west-point-professor-resigns-after-calling-legal-scholars-treasonous/?intcmp=hpbt3

A professor who was criticized for writing an article calling some legal scholars treasonous and "lawful targets" in the war on terror has resigned a month after he was hired to teach a law course at the U.S. Military Academy.
An academy spokesman said William C. Bradford resigned on Sunday. He said no further details will be released because of privacy and legal constraints.
Bradford made the comments in an article for the National Security Law Journal earlier this year. In the article, he said legal scholars who criticize U.S. tactics in the war on terror are helping ISIS undermine America. He argued that such academics should be considered enemy combatants and charged with treason.
The publication, which is edited by students at George Mason University in Virginia, apologized in an editorial last week in a response to a barrage of criticism from its readers. Editor-in-Chief Rick Myers repudiated the article, saying the publication is reviewing its selection process "to ensure that we publish high quality scholarly articles."
Bradford's 95-page article says that liberals dominate legal academia and use their position to undermine public support of U.S. military efforts to combat ISIS. He advocates a number of measures to counter "Islamist sympathizers and propagandists" in academia, including firing them, requiring loyalty oaths and charging them with treason.
"The views in the article are solely those of Dr. Bradford and do not reflect those of the Department of Defense, the United States Army, or the United States Military Academy," Lt. Col. Chris Kasker, a West Point spokesman, said Tuesday in a prepared statement.
Bradford was hired by the academy Aug. 1 and taught five lessons in a common core law course before he resigned, Kasker said.
Bradford told The Washington Post in an e-mail on Tuesday that statements in his article were "taken out of context" by people who hadn't read the entire piece.
The resignation was first reported by The Guardian.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
we are on a slippery slope...

Attachments

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
It's happening at all military academies as they're being taught Just War theory instead of Total War as military strategy.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
No surprise. The democrats have culled the ranks of senior officers, forced failure-driven ROE and instituted social experiments in our armed forces. At the Air Force Academy they've all but prohibited Christianity. Going after the academies is pretty much the same as common core in public schools. All things considered, it's a miracle the volunteer numbers haven't dwindled to the point where the draft became necessary. Which, in my opinion is what the democrats have been after all along. they want to change what sort of person gets in.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
If you click the link , before you get to the gist of it ,the editors write that they welcome all points of view....then they apologize for printing it when they get blow back. The professor is right and had his point proven by these editors...

·
Accurizer
879 Posts
Here is an article from 2005 on William C. Bradford resigning a previous faculty position.

"On the law school's Web site and its Viewbook, Bradford was profiled as being in the Army infantry from 1990 to 2001. He wore a Silver Star lapel pin around campus. He had a major's gold-leaf insignia plate on his vehicle.

After my column ran portraying Bradford as a victim of a politically correct agenda, I was contacted by retired Army Lt. Col. Keith R. Donnelly, a recent law school graduate, West Point graduate and Gulf War veteran. Donnelly had long been suspicious of Bradford's background, he said. What really piqued his attention was the Silver Star claim -- "it is a pretty high award for valor, and not many were awarded in Desert Storm."

Independently, Donnelly and I requested Bradford's service record from the Army. It showed he was in the Army Reserve from Sept. 30, 1995, to Oct 23, 2001. He was discharged as a second lieutenant. He had no active duty. He was in military intelligence, not infantry. He received no awards."

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait...... This professor lied about being on active duty and earning a silver star during Operation Desert Storm. He 's a stolen valor wack job. Make sure you get the whole story and not just the sound bites.
I only went from the story.
Fox, while better than most news services still sucks.
The story does lead you to the idea that his resignation was because of his article.
What i read of it, i agree with and it certainly is not PC.
A Stolen Valor guy should not be employed by the military. Ever.

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Wait...... This professor lied about being on active duty and earning a silver star during Operation Desert Storm. He 's a stolen valor wack job. Make sure you get the whole story and not just the sound bites.
I'm not really seeing the issue here either.

This is a tad off the reservation.

In the article, he said legal scholars who criticize U.S. tactics in the war on terror are helping ISIS undermine America. He argued that such academics should be considered enemy combatants and charged with treason.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
I find it odd that this guy taught at 2 military academies and never had his resume checked, then maybe he omitted the part about the Silver Star.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.