1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
BAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Saw a truck few years ago there buried up to the frame rails, not so fortunate. In the water, and tide was still coming in.
Never saw one of those snatch straps in action, gonna have to get one.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Yep-pah. . . . He is one lucky four wheeler!

·
Sharp Shooter!
414 Posts
I was waiting for the broken strap taking out the windshield...

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Bridge said:
The snatch straps these days are amazing. Rule #1 in vehicle recovery = don't use metal hooks
Ever see or have the Dogbone?? Looks like a solid metal dumbbell. I saw it in a catalog, allowed you pass main snatch strap back though loop, then you pass 'dogbone' inside this main loop you formed & it grasps on loop sides when you pull main line tight. Allows you to adjust strap to length you need/space available.

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,893 Posts
Went out to one of the 4X4 beaches, a bunch of people thought their all wheel drive Mercedes Benz car was adequate enough to handle the beach! LOL

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Let's setup a fishing/offroad trip.. ;)

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
SteveWolf said:
Went out to one of the 4X4 beaches, a bunch of people thought their all wheel drive Mercedes Benz car was adequate enough to handle the beach! LOL
I used to blast around the beach with a 1984 Plymouth Horizon!... Front Wheel drive, the key was momentum, 20+ MPH and all was good, slow down and you're stuck. The thing was a bit modified, wide tires, boosted, etc. (I was way ahead of the 'tuner' craze...this was '84-'85)

Getting stuck was bad - I was working security, nights, so if I bogged it I was in deep doo-doo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.