Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nassau permit and want to buy a pistol from budsgunshop.com. They don't ship to Nassau FFLs. I was going to use a Suffolk FFL. Is this okay? Do I need a bill of sale from the Suffolk FFL? I think yes b/c handbook says purchase from NY dealer? Is there any issue I need to be aware of to do this transaction? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes. I send to Campsite and do the drive to Nassau PD without a problem. It is just like any purchase otherwise.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Yes. I send to Campsite and do the drive to Nassau PD without a problem. It is just like any purchase otherwise.
Campsite did wave the Transfer fee for me because I bought merchandise that I needed. That's a bonus!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Their list is just not complete. I would recommend using Kwak's in Bellmore. They only charge $33 for pistol or rifle transfers. Campsite at $55/$45 is pretty high.

This list was developed as a convenient way for our customers to see what local FFL dealers, including local Preferred Dealers, we already have on file. This list is updated each day, and throughout the day. You may also use a local dealer that is not already on our list, however we will require a current copy of your dealer's FFL faxed to us at 1-800-804-5569 or scan/email here.

If they refuse to ship to Nassau (I can't see why they would have something specifically against Nassau), I would just buy someplace else. There are plenty of other places that are just as cheap if not cheaper than Buds.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Has anyone used this place?

PERSONAL PROTECTIVE SECURITY INC
View Map

52 WEST HILLS RD
HUNTINGTON STATION, NY 11746

Preferred FFL Dealer!

Transfer Fee:
25.00 (Last Reported)​

Transfer Notes:
$25.00 Rifle $35.00 Pistol. Law Enforcement and Military both active, retired and veterans $20.00 rifles and pistols.​

·
Banned
0 Posts
Their list is just not complete. I would recommend using Kwak's in Bellmore. They only charge $33 for pistol or rifle transfers. Campsite at $55/$45 is pretty high.

This list was developed as a convenient way for our customers to see what local FFL dealers, including local Preferred Dealers, we already have on file. This list is updated each day, and throughout the day. You may also use a local dealer that is not already on our list, however we will require a current copy of your dealer's FFL faxed to us at 1-800-804-5569 or scan/email here.

If they refuse to ship to Nassau (I can't see why they would have something specifically against Nassau), I would just buy someplace else. There are plenty of other places that are just as cheap if not cheaper than Buds.
Kwaks will not accept a rifle from a private party on a drivers license. MUST be an FFL

·
Registered
321 Posts
Kwaks will not accept a rifle from a private party on a drivers license. MUST be an FFL
You mean in the case of someone mailing them the rifle to transfer?

I haven't done any transfers there but my understanding is they will (with both parties present) do private party transfers for rifles and pistols.

In the case of Buds, they are an FFL so I would think it shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts