Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,  can someone tell me the website  somebody on here  had it posted  for the application  for pa  license   thanks  guys

·
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello,  can someone tell me the website  somebody on here  had it posted  for the application  for pa  license   thanks  guys

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
also the search button on top is a usefull tool to find these threads and lots of usefull information. Enjoy it.

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
also the search button on top is a usefull tool to find these threads and lots of usefull information. Enjoy it.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Well, I sent in my application last week. I wasn't sure whether or not to include a photo. I decided to call before sending in the ap. The very nice helpful lady on the phone told me that no photo was necessary.

After the permit arrives, I have the option of putting on a photo, laminating the permit, or "reducing it in size" and laminating it.

What do you folks do with yours??

·
12,115 Posts
Well, I sent in my application last week. I wasn't sure whether or not to include a photo. I decided to call before sending in the ap. The very nice helpful lady on the phone told me that no photo was necessary.

After the permit arrives, I have the option of putting on a photo, laminating the permit, or "reducing it in size" and laminating it.

What do you folks do with yours??

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know there have been postings about PA licenses here in the past. However, to add perhaps a little info, my wife and I both got PA licenses in 2004, and they just expired. We rarely go there, and haven't bothered to renew them at this time. Denny Nau is the Sheriff in Centre County, and the one who issues the licenses, and he's a real nice guy, and thoroughly pro-gun fellow. Aside from the fact that I've had personal E-Mail and SnailMail correspondence with him, prior to that he was very helpful about how to go about applying for a PA license, if you already had a NYS license (as we did). One thing that I have not seen posted (which I may have missed, not too surprisingly) is the fact that listed on our licenses, as the "Reason to Carry" is "Self-Defense." Try putting that on your NYS handgun license application and see how far you get!! BTW, when my daughter was attending Boston U about 10 yrs ago, they also had a reciprocal licensing arrangement with NYS. And, for the first period that I and my wife obtained our MA licenses (term was probably 1 or 2 yrs), it stated something to the effect of "Protection of Life and Property" - i.e. clearly some indication that self-defense was a legitimate reason for asking for a license. This changed within a few years, and then the only license available for out-of-state people was probably target shooting.

-PaulGallant

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know there have been postings about PA licenses here in the past. However, to add perhaps a little info, my wife and I both got PA licenses in 2004, and they just expired. We rarely go there, and haven't bothered to renew them at this time. Denny Nau is the Sheriff in Centre County, and the one who issues the licenses, and he's a real nice guy, and thoroughly pro-gun fellow. Aside from the fact that I've had personal E-Mail and SnailMail correspondence with him, prior to that he was very helpful about how to go about applying for a PA license, if you already had a NYS license (as we did). One thing that I have not seen posted (which I may have missed, not too surprisingly) is the fact that listed on our licenses, as the "Reason to Carry" is "Self-Defense." Try putting that on your NYS handgun license application and see how far you get!! BTW, when my daughter was attending Boston U about 10 yrs ago, they also had a reciprocal licensing arrangement with NYS. And, for the first period that I and my wife obtained our MA licenses (term was probably 1 or 2 yrs), it stated something to the effect of "Protection of Life and Property" - i.e. clearly some indication that self-defense was a legitimate reason for asking for a license. This changed within a few years, and then the only license available for out-of-state people was probably target shooting.

-PaulGallant

·
12,115 Posts
Cheers for Sheriff Nau.

I put in my application on a Thursday and got everything back 9 days later, mail and all.

·
12,115 Posts
Cheers for Sheriff Nau.

I put in my application on a Thursday and got everything back 9 days later, mail and all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
T.Webb said:
Cheers for Sheriff Nau.

You must have caught him on a bad day, I got my in 6 days. ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
T.Webb said:
Cheers for Sheriff Nau.

You must have caught him on a bad day, I got my in 6 days. ;)

·
12,115 Posts
So, I put an unflattering photo on my license and reduced it on the copier. Then I went to Staples and had it laminated.

Now ... when I travel to Pennsylvania or any reciprocal states, can I just bring the copy, or do I need to carry an original document? With regards to motor vehicle registrations, New York will accept a photo copy. New Jersey will not.

·
12,115 Posts
So, I put an unflattering photo on my license and reduced it on the copier. Then I went to Staples and had it laminated.

Now ... when I travel to Pennsylvania or any reciprocal states, can I just bring the copy, or do I need to carry an original document? With regards to motor vehicle registrations, New York will accept a photo copy. New Jersey will not.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts