Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"In case you've been too wrapped up in your own white privilege to think about these kinds of
serious problems on your own, a feminist Internet journalist took the time to write a nearly
2,000-word piece about how 'wearing camo can be anti-feminist.'

'Let's have a conversation about the basic origin of camouflage, shall we?' self-described
'*****/femme antagonist' Annah Anti-Palindrome writes in a piece for Everyday Feminism titled
'These 3 Powerful Stories Show Why Wearing Camo Can Be Anti-Feminist.'

'Camouflage is a dye pattern that was initially made to disguise the bodies of soldiers during
combat, so that they could stealthily hunt people on opposing armies,' she writes. 'Let me repeat
this: Camo patterns were made for the purpose of human hunting.'

'In the spirit of feminism, let us not forget our most basic goal: to create and sustain a world
in which people inherently value, revere, and actively support each other's survival,' she
continues.

It's not clear whether or not, 'in the spirit of feminism,' she would also object to a person
wearing camo for practical purposes . . . such as hunting non-humans like ducks or deer or in
engaging the very nonviolent activity of bird-watching. What is clear, however, is that she
believes that wearing camo for fashion (or, as she calls it, participating in the 'the
appropriation of military apparel') 'can cause harm and explicitly undermine our big-picture
intentions as feminists - as people who recognize the intersectional relationships between
patriarchy, race, class, gender, citizenship, and national identity.'"

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438777/everyday-feminism-blogger-anti-feminism-camo

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Tell it to go back into the kitchen and watch it turn into Clinton.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
I wear camo to hide from Crazies Beaches like you honey. not to say I wouldn't give you a hit first but I'm funny that way.

·
Registered
463 Posts
So for all the innocent victims who have been terrorized - stop wearing camo and be a feminist and cower in the corner - that'll stop all the "bad things" from happening and ensure you are no longer victimized.
GOOD PLAN

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
I hope she's joking.... looking at that page - those headlines give me a headache! Where's here black/white/feminist/lbgt/liberal guilt for causing us white male Americans such grief?

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I don't wear camo much, that may change just because of this stupid article.

On another note, these types do not like pastries or sweets of any kind. If you refer to them as "cupcake", they get all bent out of shape. I've seen me do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts