Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure 90 percent or more on this forum weren't born even when the Watts riots occurred. 80% probably havent even heard of them. Back in 1965 LA was torn apart. It honestly was close to insurrection. If started the burning down of urban areas across the US for years in the summer. Hard to describe listening to 1010 WINS radio late at nite to live reports of Airborne troops landing and deploying in a major US city. Film reports on the evening news of fires and cops taking out snipers. Lining up black looters "first one that moves is a dead man ". Cops carrying pistol length cut down M2 Carbines "alley sweepers ". It formed my generation. It also had a huge effect on the gun community.

Great article today by Joe Wambaugh
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-0811-wambaugh-watts-riots-20150811-story.html

Watts Riots News Reel

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
The cycle of poverty, govt dependence, ignorance will continue indefinitely with all the liberal democrats in charge. If i've offened any liberal democrats here, well, too bad. I'm offended on a daily basis by all the left wing garbage.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Ah the '60s.............good times back then.......good times.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The long hot summer of 1967, over 150 race riots nationwide, I think. We were living in Wyandanch when I was born, moved out in 1958, was at Holy Family DHS in '67 . I remember driving through there with one of my friends and it looked like a war zone with some burnt and boarded up buildings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.