Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
I could run the hose over my roof. I have nice patio in the back and I bet the water would cascade nicely off it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
also in the same area as Shohola is dingmanns falls and childs park falls, both are very nice bushkiil falls is nice but kind of a tourist trap in my opinion. I don't enjoy paying for nature. There is another falls in dingman between dingman and Shohola, I just cant remember the name of it

·
Registered
15,416 Posts

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
I still remember diving into Bash Bish falls. LOL people thought we were maniacs .............and they did not let you swim the falls back then either. But the ranger goes home at 4 pm.
If your going to photograph them , do the research and see which way they face ,whether you will need morning or evening sun. Bash Bish is a evening shoot if I remember.
Yup, makes jumping off the Cliff Walk in Newport look tame.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I'm looking for some suggestions on waterfalls close to home... I have no waterfalls in my landscape portfolio and am looking for something nice to go photograph. I guess under 4 hours would be my limit as I'd like to drive up and back the same day.

Any suggestions?
Years ago I used to go to Haines falls on the way to the catskills. You could swim there also. But it was a long time ago.

·
Banned
764 Posts
I always wanted to do this at Kaaterskill
It's awesome - it has been a while, but trust me, it's awesome.

Try a free climb up without technical equipment, then rappel down. When you get up close and see the water still running under the clear ice it can cause mild vertigo if you're not expecting it, so be aware of that if you decide to get adventurous.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mongap Pond NYS Park in the vicinity of Parksville and Livingston Manor on Route 6/17 Quickway has a nice little set of falls near the remains of an old mill and bald eagles nest in the area. Also the town of Patterson NJ has a scenic water falls.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Kaaterskill falls in Greene county next to Hunter. Nice trek. That's where I proposed to my wife.
Pretty funny, if I ever pull the trigger - that was the place I had in mind.
Thoughts of my ashes being quietly spilled over the top also.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
If these are the falls I remember from a long time ago there's a state camping park near the top of the falls with a short trail to the top. Around the turn of the century there was a popular hotel there. Some of the guests would carve in the stone at the top script writing as was done with a broad tipped pen and ink. The designs and writings were interesting to me at the time. It's worth a look if you're up that way.
Yes, North/South Lake is the campground and those are the falls (Kaaterskill Falls)... beautiful place... Great photo op from the cliffs within the park as well, overlooking the Husdon Valley...

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
Ricket's Glenn in PA. Two paths. One is easier than the other but both are great hikes with multiple falls along the way.

If you have your PA non res CCW I believe you can carry. Call local (PA) LE to confirm.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts