Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard I can shut if off at the curb, kind of anxious about this. How much does it cost to replace? Is it easily to shut if off from the curb? The stem on the water supply keeps spinning, I think it's a globe valve. I had to bang on it so that water flows through it but its closed again.

Thanks!
Gas Machine Plumbing Pipe Auto part

Plumbing valve Plumbing fixture Tap Pipeline transport Valve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s not spam, I do have a plumbing problem and I’m looking for help.

As a related note, I do have a pistol app in the works.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
you need a plumber- you need a special wrench to cut off on the curb outside your house. I would try calling the water company as well for guidance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely call a licensed plumber. They can shut off the water and repair the valve. Like it has been said, a special wrench is needed to shut off the main valve.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
It is a gate valve, not a globe valve. And LEAVE IT OPEN! If you need to shut your water main, shut the ball valve on the left in the picture. The ONLY purpose for the gate valve is to help the water company in changing your meter. If they have a problem with it, they'll deal with it. DO NOT shut your water at the curb (unless your house is actively filling with water)! If you damage that valve, you'll be on the hook for a big bucks repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts