Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already tried Rio pumps and others with no luck.

Goal is to ATO system that pumps RO after up from garage floor above it.

I have tried 4 pumps already, no luck.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Say What? Obviously I'm not qualified to offer any help but I'm curious as to what the acronyms mean...

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auto top off

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'll give it a try - but you'll have to help me out with ATO and RO. Sorry, but RO means "Reverse Osmosis" in powerplant world. I've got a little experience with pumps.....

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Sorry - I'm a freshwater guy. I have a midas that has threatened to take off my trigger finger...

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
have you tried the Tunze Osmolator
I have a digital aquatics controller that contols my float switch in my sump.

I moved my RO water ( 30 gallons) into the garage.

You would think I'm trying to pump oil from the ground.. But noooo just 13 ft of water.. Vertically..

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
I don't know your layout, but what if you added an intermediate tank (reducing your head) and using two pumps? My wife is still upset that I drilled a hole in the floor to run electric to my tank...

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know your layout, but what if you added an intermediate tank (reducing your head) and using two pumps? My wife is still upset that I drilled a hole in the floor to run electric to my tank...
I just drilled a 1 inch hole in hardwood floor.. (shhhh)

Can't do two pumps. It's a straight run from the garage up.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is the diameter of the piping for the 13' run?
1 inch.

Surely I don't need it that big, but all pumps had 3/4 or 1 inch outputs.

An ideas?

·
I'm a Michigander now.
5,170 Posts
What is the diameter of the 30 gal RO And where is the pipe tapped into the 30 gallon RO? I imagine pipe is tapped into bottom of RO with the pump location to be on the floor?

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is the diameter of the 30 gal RO And where is the pipe tapped into the 30 gallon RO? I imagine pipe is tapped into bottom of RO with the pump location to be on the floor?
It's a rubbermade trash can, pipe is into bottom. Pump is a floor up near the sump, so I can plug into the controller.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
I'm a Michigander now.
5,170 Posts
I would ask someone to check my numbers but it seems reasonable. That pipe holds .316 cubic meters of water. Not light. It might be easier to put the proper size pump with the RO and set up a relay to supply power to the pump based on a float switch as a signal voltage.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts