Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These two PPK's are really nice. The black one has never been fired other than being tested at the factory. All the paperwork including test targets came with both guns. The stainless does not have the original grips and was probably fired very little. The test target for the stainless is dated 1983. Both guns Serial numbers start with 00. Would have been cool if the first three numbers were 007. Black one is 002 and the stainless is 003. I plan on taking the stainless PPK to the range this weekend. Will follow up with report. Thanks guys for looking.

Attachments

·
Still working on a screen name
6,642 Posts
From 1983, the stainless looks like it just came from the factory. Very nice, Congrats!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Bond....James Bond....

The PPK in stainless was my second handgun ever purchased (1984 I think) and it still see's day light regularly and makes trips up to our place in the Dack's for some target shooting, along with others.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,537 Posts
Congrats.

I love my S&W PPK. I know some like to poo poo the PPK. Too old. Not relevant anymore. Just a classic, not worth the money anymore. Etc. Etc.

Yes, it is a classic. But being a classic does not mean it has no place today. It has stood the test of time.

The PPK has style and it works.

I do not claim to be a ballistics expert, but after doing a lot of reading, I think the modern 380 rounds coming out of the PPK is usually adequate for my concealed carry needs.

Lip Photograph Drinkware Jaw Flash photography

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts