Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Not true. The first story is about NY divesting from Walmart. The other story about Walmart not selling Ammo is two years old.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
I was in Walmart in Monitcello, NY yesterday and they had plenty of ammo - except .22.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,135 Posts
I'm not quite sure what divesting actually does to hurt Walmart? I mean, it's not like they're going to particularly lower the stock price, and even if they nudge down, it'll be a blip.

So it achieves nothing but makes them feel better.... I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
I'm not quite sure what divesting actually does to hurt Walmart? I mean, it's not like they're going to particularly lower the stock price, and even if they nudge down, it'll be a blip.

So it achieves nothing but makes them feel better.... I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
It just means they are gonna sell their stock which means it will do nothing

·
Registered
588 Posts
I was in Florida last week visiting my son. i went into Wallmart to pick up some thumbtacks for my daughter-in-law (teacher's stuff). I went into the sporting goods section and I was shock, disturbed, and disgusted by Wallmart's ammo display case. It was a horrifying sight. The nerve of them not keeping it fully stocked! I did manage to buy a few boxes though.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
I was in Florida last week visiting my son. i went into Wallmart to pick up some thumbtacks for my daughter-in-law (teacher's stuff). I went into the sporting goods section and I was shock, disturbed, and disgusted by Wallmart's ammo display case. It was a horrifying sight. The nerve of them not keeping it fully stocked! I did manage to buy a few boxes though.
It's like that upstate... I believe the store was in Dutchess (Wappingers Falls/Beacon area off Route 9 I think)... went there at the end of June and they have a firearm section fully stocked. Still sell rifles... not one, but two employees dedicated to the department and asking if I needed any help! No kid searching for a manager with a key to open the ammo cabinet, etc., after waiting 10-15 minutes.

... and they were selling $50 and $100 fireworks packs! It's now legal upstate to buy fireworks... even BJs on Route 9 was selling fireworks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's like that upstate... I believe the store was in Dutchess (Wappingers Falls/Beacon area off Route 9 I think)... went there last month and they have a firearm section fully stocked. Still sell rifles... not one, but two employees dedicated to the department and asking if I needed any help! No kid searching for a manager with a key to open the ammo cabinet, etc., after waiting 10-15 minutes.
Yea. A southern / country type girl working at the counter. Helped out me and a low country ******* at the same time. She knew the ammo better than me. I felt so in my element. Can't wait to go back down there.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
what?! since when?
Just recently this year... my friend that lives up there said it was just made legal around the time of my visit (this summer)... no sure of the exact date or any other detail.

I don't believe it includes rockets, mortars or roman candles from what I just read... nothing that launches into the air...

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Just recently this year... my friend that lives up there said it was just made legal around the time of my visit (this summer)... no sure of the exact date or any other detail.

I don't believe it includes rockets, mortars or roman candles from what I just read... nothing that launches into the air...
just looked it up. stupid stuff. nothing awesome. rather light it and let it blow up in the air then light it and let it make light and sound next to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.