Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I bought the Strikefire 2 back in April. Since then it has had to go back to Vortex 2x due to it draining through batteries at the rate of about 1 per week.

Question is, What could be wrong with the Unit to cause such a power draw and have any of you had experience with vortex in regards to replacing a faulty item?

Its headed back to them for a 3rd time as we speak.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I picked up a vortex sparc that had issues. The red dot would flicker everytime i pulled the trigger. I contacted vortex and they made me ship mine back to "fix it". When it returned, it appeared to be real beat up, almost as if it wasnt mine. The battery cover was replaced, but the rUbber seemed all chewed up, and the metal had alot of scratches. I contacted the same person about the issue, complaining that when i sent the item, it was in mint condition. They immediatley sent me a brand new optic in new packaging. I cant really complain about thier customer service, because the associate was so helpful. The red dot works fine on my AR now. Just contact customer service and theyll square it away. And im talking minimal minimal effort on your end.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I've read many a post on other sights about Vortex lack of quality issues and recurring problems with the warranties so you're not alone.
What was the company's opinion as to what's wrong or didn't they even tell you? If the company can't figure it out I think it's time to return the item and get something better preferably not made in China.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They stated its a bettery issue. Im sending it back again tomorrow and demanding a new unit.

I will say the customer service woman ive dealt with is great. Def not her fault the item is crap.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
They stated its a bettery issue. Im sending it back again tomorrow and demanding a new unit.

I will say the customer service woman ive dealt with is great. Def not her fault the item is crap.
Most customer service women are nice, it's their job.
So they're trying to blame batteries for all the problems and returns? I'm not buying that, are you?

Side note-Brady's 4 game suspension stands says the commish. Looks like they're going to court unless Brady mans up and takes his medicine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.