Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tired of humping two separate soft cases around for two ARs along with several range bags so I finally ordered a new 2 rifle case for them. The A2 Colt HBAR is tall especially with the new scope so I needed extra room for that. Did some research and decided on Voodoo and it was delivered Friday. I was trying to figure out if I was going to get the 42" or the 48". Since they are for my ARs and ones a 16" and the other a 20" the 42 works out fine and both fit in nicely. I might get another to fit my longer rifles but not sure yet. They have their own singles and I might keep it that way. I havent gotten to use the case out in the field yet but it seems well made. It has more than ample storage pockets, good padding, shoulder straps for back carry and is nicely designed. Based on just a quick going over Im satisfied. Tonight I will start loading out the pockets with essentials for the range.
Heres a couple pics. Yes I know they suck, I had the wrong setting on the camera and didnt know it until I downloaded on photobucket and locked all the guns away in the safe and wasnt doing it all over again. The one with the Springfield was done as I was fiddling around with the settings at the end of the shoot. Heres a couple with my ARs and one with my M1A which is a bit too long to get it the 42".

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Screw the bag, thats some nice shootin irons.

What barrel you have on that HBAR?

Reactions: C6NY

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks.
After moron #1 gov instated 'safe' I was forced to remove the orig barrel with the baby killer suppressor on the end of it. It was replaced with an Anderson 20" heavy barrel, crowned version. With the new scope, Geissele SSA and barrel it's shooting within an inch. I fully give a thumbs up to Anderson, barrels at least as I have no exp with their complete line.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Thanks.
After moron #1 gov instated 'safe' I was forced to remove the orig barrel with the baby killer suppressor on the end of it. It was replaced with an Anderson 20" heavy barrel, crowned version. With the new scope, Geissele SSA and barrel it's shooting within an inch. I fully give a thumbs up to Anderson, barrels at least as I have no exp with their complete line.
Man, thats pretty much the exact set up I want on my HBAR. (Its sitting in pieces in storage right now) Thanks.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
I have the same bag in Olive Drab, fit my two AR-15s really nice, most of my Milsurp's are too long for them.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Heres a picture for you showing more of the barrel and riser. The riser is a Cherokee that a member here found for me online. Its the same company that made them for Colt Deltas in the early 90s. For this pic the Colt is wearing a Colt 4X scope that I purchased shortly after buying the rifle in 90. To get more magnification and better glass(for my aging eyes) I got a M-223, 3-12X42 soon after this pic was taken. Good luck with your HBAR, theyre great, nostalgic rifles. Keep us posted how it goes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.