Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone has a nephew, son, grandson, etc....

Volko Supply is looking to hire a shop kid.

We prefer someone around 16 or 17, who lives in Mineola or Garden City Park....he needs to be able to get here from school, and home at the end of the day.

We would like the shop kid to work for a few hours after school each day, and on Saturday from 7 am until about 1 pm.

Volko traditionally had a "shop kid" around. Shop kid's duties would be to put things on shelves (weighing up to 50+ pounds), sweep, pick up, and be around to basically do what we need done. The shop kid is expected to work, but is never abused.

He may also do some inside work.....comp shopping products on the internet, making spreadsheets, things like that.

Bonus fun work is helping Rone clean shotguns and fishing reels, and helping Vicktor work on the race car, vinyl work, or whatever adventures occur during the day.

Drop us a note, or give us a call. We'd like to hire a young man from someone we know, this way he has a bit of vetting already.

Thanks,
Vick

·
Registered
440 Posts
Might want to contact someone at the tech department in mineola High School, or perhaps the rifle team coach. I dont who it would be now. havent been there in 15 years

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
Damm! Nice offer! Wish I was a lot younger & lived close by.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started pushing a broom around here at 12, but 6 is a bit short. He may not be able to reach the shelves, and the gloves I give him will make him look like Mickey Mouse!

I may contact the mineola rifle coach and the Chaminade rifle coach, though that means no shop kid after school for a few months a year.

-Vick

·
Registered
440 Posts
I started pushing a broom around here at 12, but 6 is a bit short. He may not be able to reach the shelves, and the gloves I give him will make him look like Mickey Mouse!

I may contact the mineola rifle coach and the Chaminade rifle coach, though that means no shop kid after school for a few months a year.

-Vick
Chami boys drink beer through straws... (we useto have a whole song we would sing when we had a match against them)

just saying

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
VICK! Does this mean you finally got promoted?

Or fired?

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VICK! Does this mean you finally got promoted?

Or fired?
Ha, not promoted, not fired. Basically we're busy enough that I could use someone to help keep the place clean for a few hours a day....put things away, do internet research, stuff like that.

Also when we close Volko for Christmas, I'll be doing some race car work. It's nice to have someone to hand you wrenches, take stickers off the car, keep you company, etc.

Plus we like teaching new things to young folks. It's fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts