Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow.....go racing for a weekend and come home to a new forum!

Rone and I were at Limerock this weekend, and had a blast. I finished third in my class in one race, and in the other I moved from about 18th to 10th? Not sure, as there was a bunch of carnage even in the last laps.

One quick video, and one long one for your viewing pleasure.

The first is unfortunately my friend Amy spinning in the downhill turn, and crashing. I was right behind her, and it was an effort to not hit her and not spin my car at the same time:

The second is the start of the race where I finished third in my class. I screwed up the start, and also that downhill turn on the first lap. After that I had to fight my way past a honda crx to get to the closest miata I could pass. He went down easier than I thought he would, and for the rest of the race I was just managing my gap to him and dealing with lapping slower drivers.

Cheers,
Vick

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Vick with the new forum, I think you can just put the link to Youtube and it embeds the video automatically.

Also your links are the same video.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amy was a bit shook after the accident. Her car was relatively ok, but she had a pretty bad headache (didn't put her head against the seat before backing into the wall).

The guys in the scoring tower said they could read the nymbers on the sides of my car while I slid. I'm just glad my car did what it was supposed to do.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pole was in the mid to low 1:01's (teams hired pro-drivers and skip barber instructors for the race) I was in the high 1:02's

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Sick I do really miss driven but kids and a house have a way of crashing you dreams of youth.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The pole was in the mid to low 1:01's (teams hired pro-drivers and skip barber instructors for the race) I was in the high 1:02's
Wow.. thats fast. My best time was in the 1:10's in my 300zx, and my dad was around 1:08 in his 240z. I wish I had the time and motivation to do some sort of a spec car. It looks like so much fun, but its such a huge amount of work to get there. I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but check out this clip of me melting a piston on the main straight with my dad a few cars behind filming:

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, for low hp cars they get around pretty quick. The problem is "there's nothing spec about spec miata". My car has about 114 hp, give or take depending on the weather. The top cars have 125. There are other cars that barely break 100 hp. At one point my car was 97 hp.

It's the closest racing around for sure, but there are some guys with $50K miatas, while mine would be worth around a quarter of that.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I was there watching the T1 race, and he did well. I never liked that down hill at LRP. In fact, I never liked LRP at all. I'm surprised Amy didn't bounce back across the track to the inside. That's where they usually end up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts