Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by to visit Bruce @ Hunter Essentials yesterday afternoon. While I there I had the pleasure of meeting two of our fellow LIFers, Pete and Pat, who were picking up their group buy Saigas. Pleasure to meet both of you, and hope to see you again soon at a meet up or at the range.

Bruce is a top shelf guy - a class act to speak to and do business with, and a definite friend to the LIF community. I would encourage anyone to stop by to visit Bruce @ Hunter Essentials. Not a big shop space wise, but very interesting and diverse inventory - tactical as well as hunting. I picked up a like new(15 rounds through to site in, and orig. owner decided he wanted R-25) Remington 700 SPSV .308 with 4x12x40 Remington glass mounted for a VERY NICE deal. Looking forward to getting out to the range with it...

Do yourself a favor - stop in to see Bruce @ Hunter Essentials. You won't be sorry.

I know I will be back soon. Thanks Bruce!

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Bruce is good people. But, I never seem to be able to stop in and just look around. I always leave the store a few dollars lighter than when I walked in. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing! :)

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
+ 1

though, I don't think enough good could be said about him.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I hope to visit him soon to pick up my new WASR. Would like another shop to be able to go to. Heard only good things about Bruce. Great guy on talking with him on the phone.

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
It was great meeting you also Frank. I told my wife that you forced me to not only buy the Saiga, but that Hi-Point also. ;) I hate to say it, but I like that thing better then the Saiga.

Bruce is a great guy and I will make the long trip down there to buy from him.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear you are enjoying the HP995 TS. No sweat, I am happy to "take the bullet" for you..lol.
You definitely got a great deal on the HP, but it seems that most dealings with Bruce are mutually beneficial. I will be going back to Bruce, frequently. He is definitely pro LIF, and I hope everyone will take / get the opportunity to stop in and meet him and check out Hunter Essentials at some point.

Hope to see you at an upcoming meet-up soon.

Stay safe, shoot well, have fun.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
900 Willis Avenue
Albertson, NY
516-741-5243

About 1/2 Mile south of the Northern State Parkway; Located on the East side of Willis Ave (northbound).

If Bruce isn't expecting you, you might just want to give him a call to make sure he'll be in the shop when you arrive.

·
Registered
427 Posts
FrankL631 said:
900 Willis Avenue
Albertson, NY
516-741-5243

About 1/2 Mile south of the Northern State Parkway; Located on the East side of Willis Ave (northbound).

If Bruce isn't expecting you, you might just want to give him a call to make sure he'll be in the shop when you arrive.
Thanks, that must be pretty close to Classic Arms in Mineola, which is near Willis avenue but on rt. 25. What kind of inventory does he have? Does he stock parts and accessories for EBR's? (evil black rifles).

G

·
bigtoyz said:
Thanks, that must be pretty close to Classic Arms in Mineola, which is near Willis avenue but on rt. 25. What kind of inventory does he have? Does he stock parts and accessories for EBR's? (evil black rifles).
ya he stocks alot of parts, but can order w/e u need quick...

·
Registered
427 Posts
[quote name='']

ya he stocks alot of parts, but can order w/e u need quick...[/quote]

Yeah thanks but I can order whatever I need quick too. I just wish there was at least one gunstore on the Island with a Decent selection of parts on hand, like various caliber AR uppers, hanguards, grips, piston uppers, Larue parts, spikes, etc....sigh

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think I have spoken to Bruce on the phone. Those of you who visited there Does he have C&Rs I'm not that far from him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.