Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,893 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Reactions: JackThat

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
It's only a matter of time before someone forces their hand and they use deadly force. Then the trouble will really start.

Like the guy in the video that was posted yesterday says. You go into their neighborhood and get a cap peeled off in your ass then you deserve it.

·
Unappreciated while still alive
3,841 Posts
why are We The People not allowed to own those rounds? Looks like they are fantastic for social work minus all the drama and court hearing of the real thing.
I played the video without sound so I do not know if the types of less lethal munitions deployed were identified. What I saw were groups of police officers using PR-24 batons backed up by others with zombie green stocked shotguns that were shooting what appeared to be bean bag rounds. They were being deployed too close to the protestors. The bean bag rounds have minimum deployment distances to reduce lethality. They are not meant to be deployed at contact range. I also saw one officer with a shotgun grab a protester with one arm and throwing him to the ground. There are lots of reasons why this is not good.

Anyway, most less lethal rounds are not illegal to own. It is just that the manufacturers will not sell them to civilians for liability reasons. Since they are considered less than lethal but will cause death when improperly deployed, the manufacturers do not want to be on the hook for civvies using them. Cops are supposed to be trained in their proper use.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,537 Posts
I played the video without sound so I do not know if the types of less lethal munitions deployed were identified. What I saw were groups of police officers using PR-24 batons backed up by others with zombie green stocked shotguns that were shooting what appeared to be bean bag rounds. They were being deployed too close to the protestors. The bean bag rounds have minimum deployment distances to reduce lethality. They are not meant to be deployed at contact range. I also saw one officer with a shotgun grab a protester with one arm and throwing him to the ground. There are lots of reasons why this is not good.

Anyway, most less lethal rounds are not illegal to own. It is just that the manufacturers will not sell them to civilians for liability reasons. Since they are considered less than lethal but will cause death when improperly deployed, the manufacturers do not want to be on the hook for civvies using them. Cops are supposed to be trained in their proper use.
I thought these cops were pretty laid back. When a mob tries to take control of the streets it is time to use real force. Tear gas, water canons etal. If the rules do not allow that then the rules are ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Reactions: PapaG

·
III%
1,508 Posts
Thet should have started handing out job applications. ... sure the crowd would have left in fear

·
Right-wing Sith
6,537 Posts
Everything is illegal in NY. It saves them the trouble of figuring out what is legal...
Can you load rock salt, or is that too rough on the barrels?
New scientific studies are out saying salt is good for you. Using rock salt in shotguns to control rioting might be considered a nutritional supplement.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
They were using birdshot.

Seriously though, gotta love people charging police, then freaking out when the police bring the fight.

OMG Y U RELOADING?
Lol right?

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
In Canada the protesters would be read the riot act...

"Her Majesty the Queen charges and commands all persons being assembled immediately to disperse and peaceably to depart to their habitations or to their lawful business on the pain of being guilty of an offence for which, on conviction, they may be sentenced to imprisonment for life. God Save the Queen."

And then the fun would begin!

Unlike the original Riot Act, the Criminal Code requires the assembled people to disperse within 30 minutes. Paragraph 68 provides for the life imprisonment should the proclamation be ignored. In the absence of a proclamation, paragraph 65 stipulates imprisonment for not more than 2 years as punishment for rioting.

Then again, being Canada, our riots usually end up like this.....

Attachments

Reactions: Mad Russian
1 - 20 of 102 Posts