Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello LIF Guys,

In case you did not have an opportunity to see a recent police dash-cam video of an armed criminal assaulting a police officer with a pistol in a vehicle environment while the suspect is on the aggressive move, the following news link will take you there.
http://www.wthr.com/story/19142855/video-of-lawrence-police-shooting

This officer is shot three times before it is over. I am of the impression this criminal probably has had some previous training and/or suitable practice prior to this event. If that is the case, that makes him dangerous with a capital "D" especially, since "they" always get to go first. That is a supreme advantage. We are tasked with then "catching up and passing" to WIN this race for life. Many of us, I think, clearly understand that total gun-fight success can only happen if we have a viable and well-rehearsed plan in our armed response toolbox. Now here is one of the "good guys" a LIF dude that I believe has a workable and dedicated response plan in his toolbox. This is his video that he made of himself and he posted to the open source site You Tube.

These reported violent events, I think, can well serve us armed law-abiding persons as a valuable reminder that similar tragedies will probably happen again to someone, somewhere and sometime in the future. Hopefully and probably it will not be us. Yet, it would be prudent and wise for us to keep our armed skill level up to speed as best we can and train as often as our busy lives will afford and allow.

Stay safe,
Ken

·
Banned
288 Posts
i dont think low life criminals train for anything like this, he just made up his mind to pull over adn start blazing.  unfortunately i dont think the officer was on high alert for something like this because he was more into the pursuit.  good to see hes ok because the criminal was definately looking to kill

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
PeterM1990 said:
i dont think low life criminals train for anything like this
Don't think for a second that a criminal doesn't have any training.

Ask any current member of the military about the problems that the armed forces are having with gangs and gang members enlisting and carrying their former lives into their new jobs.

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
Always have a plan to kill every person in the room. You never know who might be the bad guy. What can I say, I was a marine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts