Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lovemyglock seen stirring her cauldron and cackling.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/vampire-squirrel-blamed-slaying-deer-6429238

With video in the link.
It's been rumoured the fearsome mammal is responsible killing creatures far bigger than itself

This mysterious mammal has evaded wildlife watchers for years but the blood sucking 'Vampire Squirrel' has finally been caught on camera.
The menacing bushy tailed critter looks like any ordinary squirrel but comes with a fearsome personality.
And don't be fooled by its pointed ears, brown body and a tail that is least twice the size of the animal itself - it also has a set of sharp fangs that are designed to cause maximum damage.

Rather than being a cute and cuddly creature - it is said to stalk the forests of Indonesia - to hunt down deer.
An Infrared camera caught sight of the 14-inch long rodent as it searched for food in Gunung Palung National Park in Indonesia.
An while it looks relatively harmless in this clip, this unrelenting hunter has an incredible way of catching its prey.

The secretive squirrel which goes by the name of Rheithrosciurus macrotis is known to take a running jump from tree branches landing squarely on the necks of forest deer.

And it has honed the skills to be able to target the Muntjac deer by sinking its claws and its teeth in the animal's neck arteries before using its sharp fangs to disembowel the carcas.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
Better be careful, Debbie has been training them for years to take over and turn it into Debbieville, no stinkin' liberals allowed, only those to will follow the rules of the squirrel!!!

Attachments

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
lol, my rescues in training at Willardebbieville. Enter at your own risk silly humans
nothing more than bushy tailed rats, Debbie is that a small part of your herd???

Reactions: Myrcinus

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
nothing more than bushy tailed rats
Exactly. I loaned my traps to a buddy who had them in his attic this spring. No traps for 3 months = 3 Black Walnut trees stripped bare, not a single walnut left on any of them.

Furry little bastiges...just vermin with good PR.

And now they're vampires to boot *sigh*

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
Debbie has been supplying arms to the squirrels in the backyard, here are some spy photos of several that have been spotted, plus a robo squirrel..............

Attachments

Reactions: Lovemyglock

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
Off topic,but I was hiking in the woods upstate hear Pinebush and saw a Flying Squirrel, no it wasn't Rocky and they glide not fly. It was pretty cool though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts