Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
The pistol grip, collapsible stock, and potentially "barrel shroud" (fake can that encircles the barrel and can be used by the non-firing hand to support the gun) are features prohibited by NYSAFE. If you are really keen on obtaining one, I believe that there are ways to do this in NY but you should seek qualified counsel for advice on how to do so. A trust may be an option for you, and there was some talk about a theatrical exclusion to NYSAFE but I do not know if it was ever codified into the law.

Don't assume it is as easy as purchasing a prepackaged $69 gun trust and buying the gun in a contiguous State, those trusts basically get you around the CLEO signature requirement by the ATF for NFA weapons- I do not know if anyone offers a trust tailored to NYSAFE. At any rate, you'll need a lawyer- especillay given the fact you asked if it's NY legal (which is completely understandable).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.