Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
I would like to agree with you but NY has shown an unwillingness to play by the rules when it comes to lawful gun owners by constantly coming up with new roadblocks that do not do anything to reduce crime or enhance safety and certainly ignore constitutional law.

The CCIA also creates dangerous conditions such as the danger of clearing your weapon in the car before putting it in a safe in your trunk- danger of a negligent discharge and of someone calling 911 as you are trying to follow the law. The CCIA carved out the ability to store the gun in your car as a way to allow people an “option” to avoid entering a “sensitive location”. Also Nassau specifically forbids leaving any weapon in a car (which contradicts the CCIA).

It is a maze of laws that will undoubtedly result in lawful owners being arrested. The folks on this forum are pretty well informed but imagine the number of individuals who are unknowingly violating sections of the CCIA.
i personally do not see anyone being arrested for sensitive location if they are a legal and registered gun owner . Once again is not open carry its concealed so no one should know. And if u did need to do something like the good man did in the above in this article it was well worth it that you protected your self and others from what could have been a disaster

· Registered
320 Posts
The DA will eventually charge the guy because officials will want to be protected from being accused of "arbitrary enforcement" when the next case unfolds.

It's amazing that the perp wasn't shot in all the excitement of the moment. Kudos to the CCW holder.

· Registered
266 Posts
The DA will eventually charge the guy because officials will want to be protected from being accused of "arbitrary enforcement" when the next case unfolds.

It's amazing that the perp wasn't shot in all the excitement of the moment. Kudos to the CCW holder.
ehh idk about that wont look good on a DA charging someone on an unconstitutional law when it very well and probably will be struck down in the near future. There at-least going to open up sensitive areas some what to throw us a bone and show that they are "complying " with the june decision

· Premium Member
809 Posts
Two potential outcomes to every story in this topic. Depending on the jurisdiction it might not look good to not charge the CCW holder.

I can see a press release stating….. “although in this instance no one else got hurt this civilian broke the law by being armed in a prohibited location which could have resulted in innocent civilians being shot……..”

All I am trying to say is that outcomes in this area are not predictable. I conceptually agree with Sig45 but don’t think every police officer and DA does.

· Registered
12,439 Posts
Has there been any new developments, this is worth following.
The State of New York has pro 2A Sheriffs who are against this unconstitutional CCIA law.
I would expect more media coverage pointing out this was an ordinary citizen who was licensed to carry a concealed firearm in a “Sensitive Locations” under the CCIA.
I guarantee the Governor is going praise the DA if they do arrest this man.

· Registered
412 Posts
The State of New York has pro 2A Sheriffs who are against this unconstitutional CCIA law.
I would expect more media coverage pointing out this was an ordinary citizen who was licensed to carry a concealed firearm in a “Sensitive Locations” under the CCIA.
I guarantee the Governor is going praise the DA if they do arrest this man.
If there is an arrest, it will go to court with a guarantee of making case law in our favor, further dismantling the CCIA. I would assume they sweep this one under the rug. The case also refutes Hochul's resent statement, " a good guy with a gun argument does not hold up". Lastly what officer would be willing to subject himself/herself to a lawsuit for knowingly violating a civil right? Boosti, I am sure you are right but, I cannot understand why or what Huchul would gain.

· Registered
12,439 Posts
If there is an arrest, it will go to court with a guarantee of making case law in our favor, further dismantling the CCIA. I would assume they sweep this one under the rug. The case also refutes Hochul's resent statement, " a good guy with a gun argument does not hold up". Lastly what officer would be willing to subject himself/herself to a lawsuit for knowingly violating a civil right? Boosti, I am sure you are right but, I cannot understand why or what Huchul would gain.
You have to get in the minds of progressive liberals on how they think. They will not embrace this armed citizen as a hero.

· Registered
412 Posts
You have to get in the minds of progressive liberals on how they think. They will not embrace this armed citizen as a hero.
At one time, Hochul was recognized as pro-2A . She is now owned by the progressives/communist of NY. government. Too bad, she sold out. Thanks for the feedback.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts