Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Salt lake Tribune

It's not surprising for a state that just adopted the nation's first official state firearm. But a national group that opposes gun violence just gave Utah gun laws the lowest-possible score on its annual scorecard - which made pro-gun lawmakers cheer, but appalled local anti-violence groups.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/51760186-90/anti-bill-brady-gun.html.csp

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From the Salt lake Tribune

It's not surprising for a state that just adopted the nation's first official state firearm. But a national group that opposes gun violence just gave Utah gun laws the lowest-possible score on its annual scorecard - which made pro-gun lawmakers cheer, but appalled local anti-violence groups.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/51760186-90/anti-bill-brady-gun.html.csp

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
I don't see what the anti-violence groups are complaining about. Utah is a "must inform" state that doesn't allow open carry.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
I don't see what the anti-violence groups are complaining about. Utah is a "must inform" state that doesn't allow open carry.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Hmm, for 2008 we find the following

Murders
rate
100k rank
CA 5.8 18
NY 4.3 27
UT 1.5 49

So, in UT you have about 1/3 the chance of being killed than in NY, and about 1/4 of the chance in California. How dare they be so safe despite these laws. 8)

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts

Murders
rate
100k rank
CA 5.8 18
NY 4.3 27
UT 1.5 49

So, in UT you have about 1/3 the chance of being killed than in NY, and about 1/4 of the chance in California. How dare they be so safe despite these laws. 8)

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
I'll bet their crime rate is MUCH lower than ohhh...  Chicago, DC, CA, NJ......    Hell, I'll guess that Utah, Alaska, and Arizona COMBINED have less crime than any one of those...

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
I'll bet their crime rate is MUCH lower than ohhh...  Chicago, DC, CA, NJ......    Hell, I'll guess that Utah, Alaska, and Arizona COMBINED have less crime than any one of those...

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Lemming said:

Murders
rate
100k rank
CA 5.8 18
NY 4.3 27
UT 1.5 49

heh, you posted while I was typing and proved my point! LOL!

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Lemming said:

Murders
rate
100k rank
CA 5.8 18
NY 4.3 27
UT 1.5 49

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Parashooter said:
It's the obvious question, isn't it?

Overall violent crime rank (1 is worst) for 2008

DC 1
CA 15
NY 25
UT 46

So, whatever UT is doing, can we maybe bottle it? Maybe spread around some books by Card, Tayler and Correia?

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Parashooter said:
It's the obvious question, isn't it?

Overall violent crime rank (1 is worst) for 2008

DC 1
CA 15
NY 25
UT 46

So, whatever UT is doing, can we maybe bottle it? Maybe spread around some books by Card, Tayler and Correia?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.