Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Utah has joined several states that have passed, or is considering, laws aimed at stopping NYC Mayor Bloomberg's illegal gun trafficking conspiracies that he falsely labels "stings". These states are sending a clear message that if the Feds and the people of New York are not going to shut down Bloomberg's illegal straw purchasing, they are.

Bill 395-Helps law-abiding firearm owners and sellers by targeting straw purchasers and other people who knowingly attempt to illegally or fraudulently purchase firearms. This provision was taken from the Fraudulent Firearm Purchase Prevention Act, NRA model legislation to protect lawful firearm retailers from illegal gun sting operations such as those by anti-gun New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg has sent hired agents into other states to attempt illegal firearm purchases in an effort to blame federally licensed firearm retailers for gun crime in New York City and around the country.
Thank you the people of Utah for taking a stand against criminal filth like Bloomberg.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Utah has joined several states that have passed, or is considering, laws aimed at stopping NYC Mayor Bloomberg's illegal gun trafficking conspiracies that he falsely labels "stings". These states are sending a clear message that if the Feds and the people of New York are not going to shut down Bloomberg's illegal straw purchasing, they are.

Bill 395-Helps law-abiding firearm owners and sellers by targeting straw purchasers and other people who knowingly attempt to illegally or fraudulently purchase firearms. This provision was taken from the Fraudulent Firearm Purchase Prevention Act, NRA model legislation to protect lawful firearm retailers from illegal gun sting operations such as those by anti-gun New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg has sent hired agents into other states to attempt illegal firearm purchases in an effort to blame federally licensed firearm retailers for gun crime in New York City and around the country.
Thank you the people of Utah for taking a stand against criminal filth like Bloomberg.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
FatWhiteMan said:

I would love to see Bloomberg led away in handcuffs and charged with aiding and abetting a straw purchase of weapons.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
FatWhiteMan said:

I would love to see Bloomberg led away in handcuffs and charged with aiding and abetting a straw purchase of weapons.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
The only problem I see, is that since they are stings, they aren't straw purchases. That would be like prosecuting a narc for buying an eight ball. It simplty has no teeth. I like the sentiment, but I don't see it as enforceable on anything other than a jurisdictional basis.

Also, what about when Utah wants to do its own sting operation? How will Utah enforce the gun laws?

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
The only problem I see, is that since they are stings, they aren't straw purchases. That would be like prosecuting a narc for buying an eight ball. It simplty has no teeth. I like the sentiment, but I don't see it as enforceable on anything other than a jurisdictional basis.

Also, what about when Utah wants to do its own sting operation? How will Utah enforce the gun laws?

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
Captain Will said:

Utah can do their own stings, within the limits of the state. Everything bloomtard is doing is a straw purchase outside of his NYC jurisdiction. He has zero authority to do any of this on a federal level and other states are taking a stand against him. He might be the 20th richest man in the USA, but he is stoppable and must be put in his place.

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
Captain Will said:

Utah can do their own stings, within the limits of the state. Everything bloomtard is doing is a straw purchase outside of his NYC jurisdiction. He has zero authority to do any of this on a federal level and other states are taking a stand against him. He might be the 20th richest man in the USA, but he is stoppable and must be put in his place.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,404 Posts
Captain Will said:

Your point would be valid, if Bloomy had police power or any other, similar jurisdiction, in those other states. Being mayor of NYC gives him no authority to do anything, outside of NYC, any more than any other private citizen, which is all he is, outside of NYC. Since he doesn't have police power, he is hiring people to perform illegal acts. He and his hirelings are equally guilty of violating the law. The states should be able to extradite Bloomy, for his actions, after they arrest, then prosecute, his hirelings.
Gary

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,404 Posts
Captain Will said:

Your point would be valid, if Bloomy had police power or any other, similar jurisdiction, in those other states. Being mayor of NYC gives him no authority to do anything, outside of NYC, any more than any other private citizen, which is all he is, outside of NYC. Since he doesn't have police power, he is hiring people to perform illegal acts. He and his hirelings are equally guilty of violating the law. The states should be able to extradite Bloomy, for his actions, after they arrest, then prosecute, his hirelings.
Gary

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
Anybody got a list of Utah legislators handy? What kind of message would it send if a mess of New Yorkers emailed Utah lawmakers in favor of this bill?

Hey, maybe we should start an email campaign to pro-2A legislators in every other state to encourage the drafting of similar bills? New York may be lost to the liberal Visigoths, but we can still try to save the rest!

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
Anybody got a list of Utah legislators handy? What kind of message would it send if a mess of New Yorkers emailed Utah lawmakers in favor of this bill?

Hey, maybe we should start an email campaign to pro-2A legislators in every other state to encourage the drafting of similar bills? New York may be lost to the liberal Visigoths, but we can still try to save the rest!

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
Gary_Hungerford said:
Gary
What I've said all along. He is conspiring to violate federal law and should be arrested/charged.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
Gary_Hungerford said:
Gary
What I've said all along. He is conspiring to violate federal law and should be arrested/charged.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Guys, that is why I wrote "on anything other than a jurisdictional basis".

Bloomberg has a lot of juice and a lot of supporters. Probably very few on here, or in Utah, but I have very little doubt that he could enlist the aid of a couple of Federal agents to do what he's using NYC cops to do right now- namely, set up straw purchase stings. A lot of guys on here keep telling me about Obama's "anti-gun agenda". Don't you think the mayor of the biggest city in the entire USA (by a factor of more than two) has got the ear of the POTUS sufficiently to talk him into loaning a few guys out to Bloomy's pet project? Especially given that Mayor Mike's got 40,000 plus LEO officers of his own that can "help" with the Federal workload in NY if so directed?

This law is good PR for Utah among the 2A crowd, but I don't see it as a real hindrance to Bloomberg, it just rerquires him to basically change service providers. I'm sure he'd even FUND the damn thing, probably out of his own pocket if necessary.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Guys, that is why I wrote "on anything other than a jurisdictional basis".

Bloomberg has a lot of juice and a lot of supporters. Probably very few on here, or in Utah, but I have very little doubt that he could enlist the aid of a couple of Federal agents to do what he's using NYC cops to do right now- namely, set up straw purchase stings. A lot of guys on here keep telling me about Obama's "anti-gun agenda". Don't you think the mayor of the biggest city in the entire USA (by a factor of more than two) has got the ear of the POTUS sufficiently to talk him into loaning a few guys out to Bloomy's pet project? Especially given that Mayor Mike's got 40,000 plus LEO officers of his own that can "help" with the Federal workload in NY if so directed?

This law is good PR for Utah among the 2A crowd, but I don't see it as a real hindrance to Bloomberg, it just rerquires him to basically change service providers. I'm sure he'd even FUND the damn thing, probably out of his own pocket if necessary.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Captain Will said:
Bloomturd's stings are not "stings" but rather a dog&pony show and an illegal one at that. A real "sting" would involve law enforcement, arrests and prosecutions. What Bloomie does is hire Dick Tracey Correspondence School dropouts to buy guns for him. They videotape and show edited portions--no real chain of evidence. That is why in spite of all of his "stings" you will not find one actual real crime.

Bloomberg is a criminal under Federal firearms laws but he has too many influential friends and money to be charged. I would love to see him charged by one of these states but it will probably not happen--he knows that these states will go after him under their own laws and he will not conduct any more "stings" there.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Captain Will said:
Bloomturd's stings are not "stings" but rather a dog&pony show and an illegal one at that. A real "sting" would involve law enforcement, arrests and prosecutions. What Bloomie does is hire Dick Tracey Correspondence School dropouts to buy guns for him. They videotape and show edited portions--no real chain of evidence. That is why in spite of all of his "stings" you will not find one actual real crime.

Bloomberg is a criminal under Federal firearms laws but he has too many influential friends and money to be charged. I would love to see him charged by one of these states but it will probably not happen--he knows that these states will go after him under their own laws and he will not conduct any more "stings" there.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts