Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for places I could purchase used gym equipment. Nothing crazy, smith machine/squatrack, treadmill, elliptical,weights. Figure I can do most things with the smith machine/ squatrack.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
I'd contact a local gym or perhaps local High Schools... see if they want to surplus some equipment.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
There are a few warehouses on LI that sell used equipment for good prices, one used to be in bethpage where i picked up a ton of Olympic weights at .35 a pound. (go new for $1 a pound).

Fitness Equipment Depot Worldwide
15 Grumman Rd. W, Suite 100
Bethpage, NY 11714
T: 516.346.4370-
The sales vp was Steve Stone.

also this one:
http://www.fitnessplus.com/

You can email them in advance for what stuff they have in the warehouse. They have tons of stuff laying around from pro machines to regular weights, and will work with you.

Other than that craiglis, though it's hit or miss with deals..

Amazon has some very affordable power racks (2" tubular steel). You'd be surprised how versatile they are and they are built well enough for most (dropped 500 pounds in the cage, no dent). You can squat, bench, mil press etc in a power rack. This power cage was around 3 bills new sent to my home, took an hour to assemble, lasts through a lot of heavy stuff...

(also got a plate loaded lat pull down machine by Valor fitness from amazon that is great for pulldowns and tricep extensions, pictured below being put together...works great years later)

here's an old picture when I got it, can find out the product number, bought new hooks and plate holders for 2" tube and lots of handles for the lat pulldown machine
Exercise machine Gym Exercise equipment Gas Exercise

Attachments

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Destro curls the oil tank only when it's full

I lift things up and I put them down
I mean, you're not wrong.

(Anyway to recap how I built my home gym and I think is the best value: 1 local used gym warehouses, 2 craiglist, 3 amazon: value equipment)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.