Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a club in Manorville and are looking for additional east end properties that we can lease for pheasant and chukar hunting. This would be a lease situation leasing from September 15 to March 31st. We have a proven track record of timely rent payments and safety, with a very limited membership. If you have or know of someone who might lease us land east of the William Floyd Parkway, please pM me.
Thanks
Ray

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,979 Posts
You're gonna need 100+ continuous acres to operate it as a preserve, last time I heard from the DEC.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Pheasant Run operated out of Eastport and I believe East Quogue. I don't know if Long Island has a minimum of 100 acre rule, upstate a guy runs a small preserve under 100 acres in White Sulphur Springs.
I did hunt Pheasant Run, it was along 27 and CR 11, it was under 50 acres we hunted.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,979 Posts
Pheasant Run operated out of Eastport and I believe East Quogue. I don't know if Long Island has a minimum of 100 acre rule, upstate a guy runs a small preserve under 100 acres in White Sulphur Springs.
I did hunt Pheasant Run, it was along 27 and CR 11, it was under 50 acres we hunted.
Two types of preserves: members only and commercial. 100 acres for commercial.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/25025.html

Reactions: C6NY
1 - 5 of 5 Posts